Community Forum

Re: old bill in collection

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Ok just received an alert from credit bureau for Comcast Collections. I just opened an account in April . Never got any letters or anything its just right there on my credit report. No dates either. Written correspondence is required prior to going to collections. I ne er even got to respond prior to sending tbis to collections. Is this even legal??
Official Employee

luvnmydubs, is your account currently closed? Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

New Poster

How do I send private message?I currently have an account with you and my social was ran and there was no previous account that XFINITY showed or I am sure they would have told me.
If I had an account with you it would have been prior to 2012 because our previous bill was under my mother’s name since 2012. That account was brought over when we moved to current address in 2013. She is deceased now this is why I ordered new service this year in my name.
Expert

@luvnmydubs wrote:
How do I send private message?I currently have an account with you and my social was ran and there was no previous account that XFINITY showed or I am sure they would have told me.
If I had an account with you it would have been prior to 2012 because our previous bill was under my mother’s name since 2012. That account was brought over when we moved to current address in 2013. She is deceased now this is why I ordered new service this year in my name.

To send a Private Message click on ComcastKenF's name in his post above and then on Send a message.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.