Community Forum

Re: X1 Boxes with 2 cable lines coming from the tap

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Boxes with 2 cable lines coming from the tap

This just took a turn for the absolute worst.

So, I signed up for X1 just last week.  Got the Self Install Kit a few days ago.  I had the issue with the boxes which prompted this thread.  The people on Comcast support told me I could just walk into my local Xfinity store and exchange the wired secondary TV boxes for wireless boxes.  I got all my old equipment together, along with the two new top boxes I wanted to exchange for wireless, and I was at the store when they opened.

They don't have wireless boxes.  I was annoyed, mostly because support specifically told me that they would.  I left the old equipment at the store and told them to take the new secondary boxes, too, as they were of no use to me.  I would figure something out.

They terminated all of the equipment on my account.  All of it, even the stuff that is hooked up at my house.  I now have no internet, no TV and no phone.  After about 90 minutes on the phone with support, they tell me this cannot be undone.  I need to disconnect the devices in my home and bring them into the Xfinity store to have them "re-issued" like new.  There is no other option.

I guess Comcast just cut the cable for me.  I really do not see me doing that.  I am at work and my home is 20 miles away, and then 20 miles back to the store.  I'm just not doing it.  Anyone have any experience with DirecTV?