Community Forum

Re: Why is xfinity doing a hard credit check, without authorization, on an existing customer?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: Why is xfinity doing a hard credit check, without authorization, on an existing customer?

I have the same issue with Comcast. I was a customer for 2 years, ended all my services on August 26th, 2017 and then only activated the Internet. I was not asked to run my credit nor was I told they would have to run my credit. I called Comcast immediately when I received the notification dated Sept 1st that Comcast had run my credit. The agent said they had to escalate the matter to a supervisor and I would receive a call within 48 hours. It has been 2 weeks. I am on the phone now with another agent who is saying that he again has to escalate the matter to a supervisor and I am to expect a call back. This is quite unprofessional and unacceptable. I did not give Comcast Xfinity permission to do a hard inquiry on my credit and there should have been no need when I have 2 years of history with them. I want this hard inquiry removed from credit report.  

Official Employee

Hello ChannyJ. We apologize for the inconvenience. I can look into the credit inquiry you observed. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.