Community Forum

Re: Why does it take so long to process my payment?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

I live in Pennsylvania -- I was told by a Comcast billing representative that it takes 7-10 days for Comcast to apply your payment -- I pay by check, and without fail, any other bills I mail get paid on time -- EXCEPT COMCAST -- it should at least take 2 days for them to receive a payment by mail -- and I believe they do get it -- they just take their time posting it! This is incompetence on Comcast's part.  I mailed my January 1 2018 payment on December 26, 2017.  They finally applied that payment around January 13, 2018.  However, they emailed me February 1's bill, which included the January 1 amount - and, since I kept getting "late payment" emails from them, I paid the February 1 amount by credit card.  They have just recently, within the last week, acknowledged my second payment.  The 2 payments I made, totalling over $400.00 didn't quite cover the entire balance for February 1 -- it left a balance of $13 -- due February 1, 2018.  That payment was mailed January 22, 2018 -- it has still not been applied.  I will never, ever give them access to my checking account for automatic payments -- since they cannot be trusted to apply a check that was sent well in advance of the due date -- God knows what they would do to my checking account -- I have read scary stories about how they can mess up automatic payments.  For this reason, I plan to cancel my contract with them later this year.  I'm paying over $200 for internet, cable, and a phone I don't need -- it's not worth the aggravation of wondering if my service is going to be cut off for a payment I've already sent -- but that they don't have the wherewithal to apply.

New Poster

I should note that it takes 7-10 business days for Comcast to apply/post your payment -- this is what a Comcast billing agent told me -- so don't count the weekend.

Official Employee

Hi robbie62, 

Sorry for the experience you've had. You are correct, when mailing in your payment, we do set the expectation for the payment to be received within 7-10 business days which does not include the weekends. This time frame can also be delayed due to the weather in your local area, or any national holidays that would could the post offices to be closed. 

I'd like to review your account to see if either of these things that caused your payment arrival to be delayed. If you're ok with this, please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your current services in a private message. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

New Poster

I believe Comcast is trying to force people to switch from check to autopay.  I have always had my payments applied within five days of mailing them.  Two payments ago, it took four WEEKS.  I ended up double paying not to be late.  The very next payment I made still hasn't surfaced.  It has been over three WEEKS since I mailed it.  

It is not the post office, because the other bills mailed at the same time were applied within four DAYS.

Comcast has either changed their processing center or it is meant to frustrate us to the point we will switch to autopay.

I like Comcast's product, but the administration/operations is deplorable.