Community Forum

Re: Massive speed/usability issues after upgrading to Extreme 300

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Hey TTerry,

I just upgraded to a new gateway (DPC3941T) two days ago and since then have been seeing pretty much the same thing in my logs. The past two nights I've lost internet around 9:45PM EST, otherwise my connection is always very fast and stable. It always says ethernet0 got new IP, but it is always the same IP...?

I never had the same problem with my old Technicolor modem (forgot the model) which worked perfectly fine. I even used the new coaxial cable that came in the mail with my upgraded modem. I'm pretty much at a loss since everything seemed to work fine until I hooked this new gateway up. I'm trying to avoid calling, hope you get your problem solved so I can copy your work Smiley Happy

Expert

Hey @Potato117 - start your own thread and we'll help you too 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Potato117, what speeds are you seeing on your end? If you're losing internet service at 9:54pm every night, it may suggest an issue at the plant. Send me your full name and phone number so I can investigate. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ComcastKenF

I created my own thread here but I will PM you my info. 

Official Employee

Thanks! I'll close this thread out since I duplicated it. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.