Community Forum

Re: Is this a Scam?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

I've received a few calls on my home phone from a Comcast number displayed. The person says they've been working in the area and found a issue inside my house that needs to be fixed. The person states it could effect the neighbors service. Well I dont know how something inside my house effects anyone but me.

But then i received an email regarding the same issue. Only they sent it to my old AOL account not my Comcast email.

Hmmm, I would think Comcast would have the correct email.

SCAM  !!!!

Expert

No, not a scam. They are offering to fix your issue free of charge, you should accept their offer. Since the problem can affect other customers, they may disable your service until it is repaired. Take them up on the offer. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, sscbowl300 - The call was from us and we sent an email to a preferred email address that is listed in our system. If you would like to change the primary email or get more information about the call - please send me your full name, address, and a phone or account number in a private message. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me

Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!