Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Internet Only Customer but charged Broadcast TV fee

Regular Visitor

Iam getting the same stuff.  My cuurent bill is for the period starting next week.  That bill should be converted to internet only and when I check my account I have all the TV fees, almost$15 added to the internet charge. If anything Comcast owes me a credit for 3 days of the old service applied to an internet only bill. LOTS OF PEOPLE WITH THIS ISSUE. DID ANYBODY EVER GET THE PROMISED CREDIT? OR IS COMCAST USING THIS AS A METHOD TO GET INTEREST FREE CASH FOR A MONTH??? too many of us for this to be an innocent error.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Hi, brdbright - I sent you an explanation of the recent changes in a private message. Please note that the online balance updates after a billing statement generates. Let me know if you have any questions. 

All Replies
Official Employee

Hi brdbright. I can assist with reviewing these fees on your bill. 

If you recently changed service to internet only, you will see the fees removed and prorated on your next monthly bill. 

For further details of your situation, I will need to access your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Regular Visitor

There is no prorating required.  I changed service before the new billing period started.  I paid a lesser amount recommended by on line advice.  Now online it  shows I still have a balance due when in reality I should owe nothing.  I do not understand why the online bill cannot be corrected.  I understand you mail out a paper bill for the next month, but I changed the plan before that period started that bill is meaningless. I should only owe internet for September and that is all I paid.  Next I guess you will try to charge a past due fee for a balance due television fees that are imaginary.

Official Employee

Hi, brdbright - I sent you an explanation of the recent changes in a private message. Please note that the online balance updates after a billing statement generates. Let me know if you have any questions.