Community Forum

Re: How to dispute a comcast debt on credit report

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

I have the EXACT same issue. I cancelled my comcast service last year, due to lack off consistent service in my area. I got service outages weekly. Literally, weekly. I was also on paperless billing. When I cancelled my service and returned my equipment, I never recieved a final bill. I called on 5 separate occasions, telling them to send me a final bill, so I can pay it, and have my new cable company pay the early termination fee (that I SHOULDNT have recieved in the 1st place, because Comcast didnt fullfill their service agreement with me)

Needless to say, i never recieved a single bill from them. But they wasted no time sending my account to collections, for not paying the termination fee! They way I found out was at my closing! Comcast's 100.00 collection they illegally posted to my credit profile dropped my score 45 points! I had to cancel my closing. I called comcast AGAIN, and spoke to someone in collections, and they read all the notes on my account, and apologized for the mistake. The collections agent credited my account $50, and said they would submit a request to remove the collection from my account. Of course that was a lie. Ive since had to reapply for my Mortgage loan, and got a higher interest rate, because of Comcast's lack of human element. I plan on sueing them for this, as they costed my THOUSANDS of dollars... oh and guess what? They FINALLY sent me a bill. a customer service rep had to HAND WRITE a letter, with a screen shot of my bill, she took from her desktop at work. Comcast has been nothing nbut a thorn in my side since I signed up for their service. All I want is this collection taken off my report and to cut ties with them forever. 

Official Employee

Hello Unsatisfied21. I can assist with reviewing your account and submit a ticket request to have the debt collection removed from your account. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!