Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Downgrading service

Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastZach

I would like to see my bill (tax included) under $100 so if that means internet only let's do that please.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastZach what do I need to provide you with in order to downgrade my account. its just too much $$ at this point and can not continue with this? Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

Hello ComcastZach

Any information you can provide on the status of this would be greatly appreaciated.

Thank you in advance and have a great day

Maryford63

Admin1

maryford63 -- I reviewed your account and I can get your rates down. To get it under $100 you would either have to downgrade to a Basic Cable/Internet package otherwise drop down to Internet Only. Do you have a preference on that? 

Frequent Visitor

Would I still have the same internet speed as I have now? And if I did internet/cable what does "basic" mean exactly?
Admin1

I can get you the same speed you have now. Basic means you'd get all major networks, like ABC NBC CBS, along with other local broadcast channels. I've also got a package that gives a few extended channels too.  

Frequent Visitor

I'm trying to locate my november bill (it had all the packages and new rates listed on it so I can see which channels I may or may not have) if I make the change. Do you have any more information on the "extended channels" you were referencing
Admin1

I sent an automated email to your Comcast.net address with a channel lineup link. The package with extended channels is called Pro Plus. The lineup link will have those channels listed as Economy Channels or Expanded Basic. 

Frequent Visitor

When I login and go to the link line up you sent me, it doesn't show me "pro -plus, economy, or basic expanded" packages. I see (the attached picture).

Of what I did see the "up to 100 Mbps" is that the same as blast (which is what I have now) I'm inquiring because I sometimes work from home and Dont want to have issues as I did before with lagging while my son is on Xbox or ps4.
20170120_134818.jpg
Admin1

Economy is listed there. It's the only with 45+ channels. It's right in between Limited Basic and Starter. 

100Mbps in your area is Performance Pro. Blast in your area is 200Mbps. Pro Plus doesn't come with Blast but it can be added. 

Frequent Visitor

I am leaning towards the fastest internet. But before I agree to that. How many channels are included in performance pro? And what would that price be vs pro plus or pro plus with blast added?
Admin1

Performance Pro is just a speed tier. Pro Plus is the package, which can have Performance Pro or Blast, and comes with 45+ channels. I'll send you a quote for Pro Plus via PM.

Regular Visitor

I called into Comcast today to downgrade my service so I can reduce my monthly cost and was told that I have to pay MORE to have less. I haven’t been able to pay my bill on time for months because I lost my job and my new job pays MUCH less. Can you help me?
Tags (2)