Community Forum

Re: Collection agency calls

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Hello, I am facing the same issue. Started getting letters from a collection agency about an account that was not mine (happened to have the same name). Unfortunately I shared my most recent information with them thinking I was helping them realize the bill was not mine. Gave them my address, phone number, account number, ... What a mistake, now they updated their systems and tied that bill with my new information.  I spent 2 months trying to resolve it and thought I had done it.  Just yesterday, received another call from a different collections agency for the exact same amount.  The difference now is that the new collections agency is telling me this is due on my current address and account (the old agency was collecting for an account for an address that was not mine, in Florida - I live in MA) - now they say this is for a past due amount for my address in MA.  HELP

Official Employee

Hi jbfjunior. I can assist with reviewing our system for an outstanding balance that may be in your name. In order for me to begin the research, I'll need to access your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

New Poster

I was told I would hear from someone regarding a collection agency dispute?? I was told that I would be credited for my Early Termination Fee also via Live Chat - I spoke with a supervisor. I never heard from them but I want to make sure my issue gets resolved so that this does not affect my credit. 

It says "COLLECTION AGENCY DISPUTE". Ticket number is 045-166-532

Thank you!

New Poster

Sadly I am encountering a similar situation. I had disputed a charge that was put on my credit report with a collections agency for Comcast in 12/2017 because of a tv box that had not been returned (we moved and had left it there on accident, thankfully the new tenants kept it and returned it to us). I spoke with the collections agency and comcast to get the matter resolved, and returned the missing equipment—mind you the comcast agent was told I no longer lived at that address anymore. Yet, they did not switch anything over to my new address and were still sending all communications to the old address (even though they had my email and phone number on file!).  I call the collections agency and sure enough, they found the charge that was marked on my report. I disputed it with TransUnion and won the next day because of the address issue. Now, 3 months later (after everything has been returned and taken care of), I received a call from another collections agency for the same exact amount in regards to the same account!!! I am livid! They still had my mail going to the wrong address three months later even after the transunion report and talking to a representative for comcast to get the address updated in the midst of all of this! Shame on comcast! It has been over a year and change since I cancelled my account with them after being a loyal, on-time paying customer for over 5 years, and I am still dealing with this junk. What a headache. I have told my friends to STEER CLEAR. While the service was great, the bullying and hassel I've continued to deal with since closing my account are reason enough to outweigh any good that came of them.

Admin1

Hi jmable -- I can help with that collections issue. Please send me a PM with your name, what your full service address was, and either the phone number or account number associated with it. I will work with our collections team on getting any charge corrected.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.