Community Forum

Re: Cancel tv service, keep internet

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

I too am looking to cancel tv service and keep the internet.  It seems like my bill goes up each month...i won't pay it unless they fix it, so they keep adding late fees and such to the bill and I now owe a ridiculous amount for tv and internet and the TV channels i get for the amount of money they expect is just not feasible !  I was just going to cancel it online, but they have no way to do that AND they have no way to contact Customer Service from online either, other than thru chat !  I don't like calling because although i am sure the customer service reps know their job, i have a hard time understanding some of them !  I wanted to post my own message in this forum, but could not find a way to do so either !  I'm sorry to jump into your post but am hoping i can get an answer along with you !  Thank You !

Frequent Visitor

For some reason i ended up in the "solved" area of this post, however, my problem has NOT been solved 

Official Employee

Hello, Sweetdeb07. I can help review internet only package pricing for you. The "solved" flag referred to the thread you commented on. I've since moved your comments to their own thread. Please click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me to send me a message verifying your full name, address, and the phone number associated with your account so I can assist.

Frequent Visitor

I used the link i found on the Xfinity website to cancel TV and keep internet but have not heard from anyone as of yet....

Official Employee

I can check the available promotions for Internet only package but I need to verify your account information first. Could you please send me a private message with the information ComcastMax requested? 

Frequent Visitor

I tried to private message you but it will not allow me to 

Frequent Visitor

I sent my info to you 

New Poster

Hi, Any resolution?  Also where is the link you mentioned to do this? I am interested in this as well.

New Poster

After Comcast increased my service plan cost (TV+Internet+Phone) to over $208/mo, I downsized to Internet Only for $76/mo. But, despite numerous attempts to correct, they are still charging for the old plan. No way will I pay for something I don't have! So my next step is to cut the cord completely. No surprize that Comcast continues to lose thousands of customers!!

Contributor

theyre trying to collec t a balance on aservice I changed smply becasue the bill was generated before I did it. Doesn;t make any difference that my prior bill paid in full and bill was for service starting the month 6 days later

I;m done with CC  Im not paying the bille either   I don;t owe it

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Regular Visitor

I call for a simple question 2 hours later I'm in a premier package I had the option of month to month or subscription obviously I took month-to-month except online and shells and on my billing it shows a subscription for one year.<br>I contacted them and I challenge them because all calls they specifically mention it will be taped so take it to court if I have to that was my attitude you want to fight me in court you're going to lose and you're going to waste a lot of money by paying for my time. <br>Was my initial attitude so I call them.<br>Expecting a run around but they show on their computer I am month to month however on dealing it doesn't specify that or on the app. So people be aware you're not in a contract in some cases challenge it and find out but if you did agree to a contract well I can't tell you to do the wrong thing and lie. <br>But I definitely recommend month to month if I like myself I'm a long-time customer as like 20 years maybe or more and I just don't need cable television especially it the rate it keeps going up and up and up and up each month for whatever reasons it keeps going up up up up up up up prices go up up up up up up up that's how they do it. The problem with this company is they don't realize they're not the only game in town anymore they're going to start losing so much money because customers are fed up with being ripped off. 500 high speed internet?<br>Good luck the fastest I've seen is maybe 170 and that's on a Sunday morning at 3 a.m.. <br>I don't need 5000 channels or whatever they have but I have every channel they've got including Netflix which I watch maybe once every 3 months. <br>Don't take the bait, you don't have to. If you need any Internet only shop around competition everywhere. <br>I will say I like the Xfinity Wifi everywhere type setup for people that have data plans on there smart phone or data limits rather.<br>Good luck good luck!<br>
New Poster

It's really upsetting that they are like the tiger in Life of Pi. As they struggle they treat their own customers worse and gouge pricing and require us to include services have been obsolete for half a decade. I don't know a single person my age (just turned 26) that actually watches broadcast cable television. All we need is internet. If they would just provide high bandwidth without taking our home in the process then people would absolutely love comcast. The internet is actually pretty fantastic for me but the price has gone up dramatically and I was forced into bundling the lowest grade cable imaginable. I haven't watched it once. They need to focus on fair pricing and offer flexible plans and more online services and start phasing out their landlines and cable TV. Millenials are now the largest portion of the US population so switching goals would be the smart business strategy or you will be destroyed by either Google or some other innovative company. It also isn't fair that they get taxpayer dollars to subsidize their costs - we essentially made it possible for them to have cable lines and broadband slower than the rest of the developed world. I also want to drop my cable tv and just have internet, especailly as my bill has gone up dramatically. I hope it all works out for you and if you manage any improvement I'd like to hear about it if you have the time to PM me or update the thread. GL.

Its sad too because I don't want to dislike comcast. They crush the competition but in doing so they price gouge and we have no other option in many cases. The internet should be considered a necessity like clean water and electricity, meaning it should also be affordable. 

Official Employee

@Anon83956, and @Enkephalin

Thanks for providing your feedback. We appreciate it, and definitely would like to see what we can do to make you happy and satisfied customers again. If you both would give me the chance, I'd like to review your accounts to see if there are any internet only promo's or packages that will help lower your monthly rates. Please keep in mind, since our promotions do expire if there's nothing available now that could very well change in the near future. 

If you're interested in seeing what's available, to protect the privacy of your account shoot me a quick private message with your first and last name, the full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services and we can start there. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.