Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Billing Increase for Regional Sports Fee and Broadcast TV Fee?

Frequent Visitor

I would like to know what these packages are. I am up for a new contract and would like to get rid of that sports package. I don't even watch sports... even on the network channels. SERIOUSLY wondering why it keeps going up ... why not have it a payed subscription like HBO .... and the rest of us can be rid of it.

ComcastKenF wrote:

pap1, The Regional Sports Fee is an itemized charge on your bill that recovers a portion of the costs of broadcasting multiple regional sports networks to our standard video services. 

There are some packages that do not have this fee. Please send me a private message with your account address and full name if you'd like more info about these packages. 

Official Employee

Hi aneesah12, the packages that don't include Regional Sports Fee are Digital Economy and Limited Basic/Internet plus. You can check the channel lineup for both packages here. I can check available promotions in your area if you would like, just private message me your full name, address, and a phone number associated with your account. Click on my name "ComcastElla", then click "Private Message Me". 

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I checked it out - and just spent an hour on the phone re-upping my contract - unfortunately the basic package doesn't include the MAIN channel i watch MSNBC - only mindless stuff like HomeNetwork shopping channels - and cartoons - seriously? I understand that everyone has to pay these sports fees because the networks are raising their fees and so on and on ... and continually ON ....increasing prices does not make this customer happy. I am looking into going totally wireless and dumping cable TV.... it just is not worth it anymore. Be nice if COMCAST could offer an al-a-carte plan - but that would make to much sense! I spent over an hour on the phone trying to get my bill under 100.00 which translates to 150.00 after all the fees and taxes and hidden stuff  ... most people do not have an endless money pot ...

Official Employee

We're sorry you feel that way about our service offerings aneesah12. I will pass along your feedback for an a la carte plan request. It sounds like you were able to take care of changing your service to a package that works better for you. Please let us know if there is anything else you need support with. 

New Poster

I just downgraded to Limited Basic cable but am still being charged a regional sports fee. Isn't my plan exempt from that fee?
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you