Community Forum

Rates and Biling

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Rates and Biling

I have had Comcast just forever - same channels/premiums and all - but the bill has just creept up to now $170+ a month.  Its just getting too high to justify, even for a single person living alone who really likes cable and what it offers.  I dread the phone call to customer service; its always a tremendous amount of time and frustration to get little rate change (if at all).  The rate offered a new-comer vs. the rate a loyal and long-time customer can get are miles apart.  It seems very counter-intuitive to penalize long-term customers with more cost, yet, that is what Comcast-Xfinity is doing as a part of business model.  Yes, I need my issue resolved or cable has to go the way of the landline.  But, a better question, is how to get Comcast/Xfinity to reward long term customers like me?

Official Employee

Re: Rates and Biling

Hi rer4021,

No need to call into the call center, I can help you with your billing concerns through a private message here. New customer pricing is offered at an introductory rate. After the first year of service, like everyone else, their promotional rates begin to fall off causing a rate increase as well. I can review your account to see how I can help lower your rate again. Please send me a private message verifying following information: 

• First and last name of the account holder
  • Primary phone number on the account
  • The street address associated with your services
  • Full account number

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!