Community Forum

Rate Jump

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Rate Jump

In January, (logging names of agents, dates & times), I spent more than 9 hours on the phone (over several days) straightening out a $60 service charge on my bill that should never have been added. Even though I am not a movie watcher, I was given three months of HBO and SHO time for free. I asked if those channels would automatically drop at the end of three months as I did not want to be billed.  I was told they would be dropped and no bill would be sent. Not trusting Comcast, I went on line to check that those two channels would NOT be continued and that I would NOT be charged at the end of the three months.  What a surprise.  I was told that I already had HBO as part of my "premium" package (No, I did not! And, I never ordered a "premium" package). Continuing the conversation, I was told that I did NOT have a package and my rates would go up at the end of February to the latest promotional rate...$20 higher than what I pay now. (No mention of mandatory auto-deduct, etc. ) Asking more questions, I was told I had a double play package (TV/Internet) and my phone was separate.  Then, I was asked when I changed my package!!! 

If Comcast is trying to drive me to distraction, you won.  Unless you can fix this, you lost me as a customer ... 

Official Employee

Re: Rate Jump

Hi coffeecup13, 

Thanks for reaching out. I'd like to review your account and help address your billing concerns in a private message. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the following information:

• Your first and last name
  • Account number or Phone number on the account
  • The full street address including unit number city state and zip code 
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!