Community Forum

REFUNDING Money...It's a process???

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

REFUNDING Money...It's a process???

I screwed up this month. I paid my cable bill twice!  I find it unpleasant paying Comcast even once - but hey I did it. So I contact a CSR through chat and the person got the refund transaction processed. Very pleasant and very thorough. That was late Thurs. Rite now it's end of business day on Monday.
I called Comcast about 4 PM to see why I still did not have the money back.  The very pleasant very thorough CSR checked and let me know that I did indeed have a "pending" refund transaction. Nothing has been done with it yet, but it is there. The staff did everything that they should have done.

"If I don't see anything in the next few days...I should call them back."  The reason for the time consuming nonsense...It's a process!! TeeHee.  I started a "Data Processing" then IT career in 1974. Back then this was indeed a process. Today it's a bad joke.  Someone running a business out of their dining room could do better. Can't blame the staff for this they use what they have to work with. This is Comcast pure & simple. Maybe Tom K. needs to get off his keypunch machine and step up to an IBM PS/2 using Win 3.1.  Great innovations available to all of us from Comcast..maybe they should latch on to one of them. Sorry I screwed up the works by making a duplicate payment. I promise I won't do it again.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: REFUNDING Money...It's a process???

Charge 'em a late fee..LOL! Might be easier to leave it as a credit on the account,and not pay next month..Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

ROFLMAO: Great Idea !!!! But it's too Late "The Process" is in motion. Can you imagine trying to turn it off?? I'm afraid it would smoke their circuits and cause "A cable outage in my area!"  Too Much !!

New Poster

They can TAKE OUR $$$ in minutes via many ways.... But Whoa gives us $$ overpay back ... Making some % if course
New Poster

LMAO...I know. It's absolutely ridiculous. I've been bogged down in this "process" since OCTOBER 2013!

We're a military family; we were stationed in Georgia. When we received a new posting in Maryland, we couldn't use the normal setup to just take our equipment with us, because it was an out of state move (no other cable or satellite TV I've ever had is this way). We had to make a 2nd account. Okay, fine. 

So, we make the second account, have the first account (in Georgia) turned off. But, we don't get the boxes to return the equipment, despite asking for them. Several times. 

Moving day rolls around (had to report by December 29th, 2013...two full months after we started THIS process...) So we take the old equipment with us. Spend another 2 months trying to get the boxes (because they are completely mystefied on how to send them to an address other than the one we used to have service at...this is pure rocket science, apparently.)

FINALLY manage to get the boxes to return the equipment. Pack it all up, UPS picks it up. UPS takes it to Comcast and it's delivered and signed for by Comcast reps within 1 business day of being picked up here. (They got it Feb 11th, 2014). 

March rolls around. Then April. Then May. I'm still being billed for equipment I haven't had since February. Oh, and the credit I'm owed for having overpaid in order to CLOSE my old account to begin with? Yeah, haven't gotten that either...

So far, this 'process' has been ongoing for 8 months. It's not the employees' fault; Comcast's policies and 'processes' are absolutely the most inefficient on the face of the earth.

New Poster

i did the same thing and they told me that by the time my money was refunded that my next bill would be due. comcast are scam artists but they have us by the balls because they are the only game in town

Frequent Visitor

Gotta keep a sense of humor about this stupidity or Comcast will drive us into the ground.

This great old song might apply -

Round 'n' round 'n' round we go
Where it's all headed, nobody knows
Oh, great googalooga, can't you hear me talking to ya now... 

a Ball of confusion.

That's what "the process" is today, hey, hey
Let me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear ya
Sayin' - Ball of confusion.......

Well keep those cards & letters comin folks...I'm sure there's a million "humorous" Comcast stories out there.  

Frequent Visitor

I spoke to Comcast Today and The refund transaction put in place on 6/5 got processed today 6/11. I'm informed that 7-10 business days from today I will see the money back in my account. All in all this will take a total of 18-20 days before it is completed.  This was justified and stated

by them matter-of-factly. Positively shameless.