Community Forum

Questions for charging for visiting home service(tech), and over charging for after 1 year promotion

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Questions for charging for visiting home service(tech), and over charging for after 1 year promotion

Hello,

I have some questions for this month's billing.

I used to pay $39.99 per month for 1 year promotion internet service. But this month I got $120.99 after I complained for 50mins on the phone, comcast gave me only $20 discount then now $100.99.

IT'S REALLY BOGUS DISCOUNT!!!!!

I knew that 1 year promotion was going to done by last December.

Someon called me from comcast last November that the promothion is almost done so, I need to change the plan. Otherwise, I will get huge amount payment.

There was little issue with the internet connection, so I called comcast for asking how to fix it.

The guy name was Kyle. He told me to make a schedule for Tech visiting home service. I asked him that

comcast charges for that and he told me its depend on the problems, so I schedueld for Tech visiting home service. And I asked him one more question that I was having 1 year promotion for $39.99 plan, and someone called me from comcast that payment will be going up. He told me that payment won't be going up after 1year promotion. I asked him one more time to make sure, then he told me same which is the payment will be same as before. But, It was not true, Comcast charges me $60 after the promotion.

So,WHO SHOULD I BLAME ABOUT IT ???

When the Tech came and he told me there's problem with the equipment. Which is the connection in the back was little loose. Then, he gave me new equipment. He told me there will be no charge cause it's equipment problem. If comcast charges me then call them to dispute that charge.

After few weeks later I check my account, then I saw $120.99 billing. I was really frustrated with that

big amount charge. $60.99 for internet service, another $60 for tech home visiting service.

Then, I called comcast last week to complain about it. I WAS ON THE PHONE FOR 50MINS.

I really don't remember her name, but the lady told me that she will give me $20 discount for tech home visiting service, and change my monthly payment for $45.99 per month for another 1 year.

I thought she was going to discount $20 for tech home visiting servie and another $15 discount for monthly payment which is she offered me. BUT, after fewdays later I checked the billing.

SHE ADJUSTED ONLY $20!! how abount overcharged for my monthly pay??

Kyle told me there's no raised charge after 1 year promotion. IS IT MY FAULT????

SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME THAT WHAT SHOULD I DO??

Official Employee

Re: Questions for charging for visiting home service(tech), and over charging for after 1 year pr...

Hi, Marcji - I can help with your billing concern. Please send me your name, address, and a phone number in a private message, so I can pull up your account information. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!