Community Forum

Question about construction release

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Question about construction release

I have been trying to get service at my new address for a few weeks now. We had a member of the construction team come out and survey our property, and he told us they would have to bring a tap from a pole 295 feet away, and that for a drop that long he needed to plan it and they'd let us know. The next day I received a pm from a Comcast employee on these forums that the construction team contacted him and that "According to our construction team, your address resides in a space which has not be "released" by construction and therefore we do not have an estimated time as to when we will be able to service your address." I replied asking what that means, and if there's anything I can do to help the process or if we're just on an indefinite hold, but no answer yet. Just trying to get an idea of what I'm in for; a couple weeks of waiting or 6+ months? If there is truly no time frame I'd like to know so I can explore other options for internet service, but I'd like to keep Comcast as my provider if it all feasible.

tl;dr - What does it mean when I'm told my address hasn't been "released" by construction, and is there any sort of solution or am I on the backburner indefinitely?

*Edit: for extra clarity, the construction survey was on the 29th, and the message from the employee was on the 30th.

Admin1

Re: Question about construction release

Hi bdcessn -- What "released" means is that construction has not given the "okay" to service your area. Meaning we can't "release", or add, addresses that are within this space to our database. This is done to prevent installation orders from being created when an address is not ready to be serviced yet. 

Construction is currently developing a plan for service extension however it is too early in the development stages to tell when this could be completed. At this point we don't have a definite time frame nor would we be able to give you a reasonable expectation for a time frame on when this extension could happen. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!