Community Forum

Put into a contract without my knowledge of consent, just found out as I called Comcast to move!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Put into a contract without my knowledge of consent, just found out as I called Comcast to move!

Very unprofessional and shady from Comcast part - I was placed on a 2-year contract without my knowledge or consent. I found out about this contract as I called to transfer my services to a new address, needless to say I was enfuriated. While I plan on being a Customer for the foreseeable future, the simple fact that this was done without my knowledge or consent really irks me - Comcast needs to do something to remedy this situation and I do not plan on spending hours with them on the phone trying to figure this out - can someone please review the conversation on the date that I was placed on a contract and remedy this situation? I am glad Comcast récords all conversations and this should be an easy situation to remedy for someone who has been a longtime customer - in the conversation you will note that not once was I informed about joining a contract and was subsequently placed in one without my knowledge - very shady tactics by the customer service representative in this situation.