Community Forum

Property Tax by Comcast on my bill.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Property Tax by Comcast on my bill.

On May 1, 2018, I contacted Xfinity Customer Service for a charge on my bill.  The charge is associated with a recovery charge impose by Comcast. The tax impose by Comcast to their custumers is not required by law. I paid the full bill on May 2, to avoid any other charge.

So, let put things in the right perspective.  I have a contract with Xfinity and on my bill there is an unlawful surprise tax imposed by Comcast.  The worst part is that the service representative said that Comcast is absorving an 80% of the charge????  

In my case this charge is $8.50 and this represent the 20%.  So the 100% is $42.50 (20% x 5 = 100%,  8.5 x 5 = 42.5).  So I supposed to be happy because I didnt pay $42.50.  My Xfinity pack bill is $69.99 and $8.50 represents a 12% unlawful surprise tax, so $42.50 represents a 61% lawful Texas tax.  I would like to know if the state of Texas impose a 61% tax to Comcast? Really????!!!!

I have another issue: in the backyard there is a green utility boxIt was there when I bougth this house back on January 2017.  The box is around 3' from the north and 4' from the east backyard fence (space that I can't use).  On top of that there is a cable wondering around and was reported when I transfer the service to this property.  It is really incredible when an employee from Xfinity came and buried my conection and when I asked for the other exposed cable on my property he said: "I need another work order for that" and left.

If Comcast impose an unlawful surprise tax to my bill, then, I would like to be paid for the space and surroundings used by the green utilility box on my land.  This green utilility box is not decorative and obstruct part of my backyard.  I have to pay a property tax and Comcast and Xfinity are using part of my property to service surrounding neighbors connections, making profit out of my property and on top of that I have to pay an unlawful surprise tax on my bill.

Summary: I would like to be conctacted to start the process of reinbursment for the part of my property used by Xfinity when: 1. I can't use this part of my property.  2. Xfinity is making profit out of my land. 3. I have to pay property tax for the part used by Xfinity. Last, take the unlawful surprise tax out of my bill.

Valued Contributor

Re: Property Tax by Comcast on my bill.

Good morning..

I'm not an employee of Comcast, so I couldn't address your tax issue if I wanted to...wishing you luck getting that sorted out. But, from your description, my guess would be the Comcast box is located in a utility easement along your property lines. You should be able to check the deed to your property to see what the easement sizes in your area may be. If that is the case, don't think you'll get very far asking for a payment back for use of this area, but never hurts to try...

Good luck..

Gene

Official Employee

Re: Property Tax by Comcast on my bill.

Hi SJSFam, 

I can't make any promises for compensation for the utility box being on your land, but am more than happy to review your account and investigate the taxes that you are referring to. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.