Community Forum

Problems changing packages

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Problems changing packages

Hello,

I just had a not so good experience with a customer service person I talked to--unfortunately, I didn't write down her name. In short, I wanted to downgrade my service from "Internet Pro Plus," which included internet and cable TV, to a service with internet only with speed >= 60 Mbps. The agent suggested the "performance starter" package: no cable TV and 60 Mbps for $49.95. I thought that was great, but I knew that "performance starter” was only 15 Mbps download. And yesterday I had talked with someone else who told me that I could get 60 MBps for $59.95. So I asked many, many times whether it was actually 60Mbps for $49.95, which she confirmed. And I asked again and again, and always got positive confirmation. So I agreed to change the service.

But as soon as she was done and I checked my account, I realize that she was completely WRONG--the speed was indeed 15Mpbs, NOT 60 Mbps. I immediately called back to have my old service restored, but I was told that was not possible as my old service had been grand-fathered, and I basically had no other option! So I was forced to go to a higher service.

This makes me wonder that kind of training the customer service personal get, and how there is so much inconsistency in their answers. Also, as a customer, what kind of rights to I have to protect myself from situations like this? How can the customer service who gave the incorrect information be better trained and be held accountable?

Ivan

Official Employee

Re: Problems changing packages

Hi iqueiroz. We apologize for any miscommunication. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any other offers available that may better suit your needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can help you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!