Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Problem and Request

Regular Visitor

Problem and Request

Hello,

I am a current customer of Xfinity for my home internet. In the middle of August 2016, I was enrolled in an internet plan for 75mpbs which cost 39.99 per month. The first three months I was charged the correct amount, but on 11/07/2016 my bill increased to 62.25 dollars because I was told I did not set up autopay. I immediately called Comcast customer service and told them the previously agent did not tell me to set up the auto pay in order to receive 75mpbs that cost 39.99 per month. The new customer service agent admitted fault and gave me a promotion which was 75mpbs at only 19.99 per month, and I was told the deal was good for 1 year. Also, she gave me compensation that only cost 14.49 on December’s bill.

However, around the beginning of March 2017, Comcast changed my plan from 75mpbs to the 10 Mbps (still cost 19.99 per month) without my permission. Again, I called Comcast about this problem and asked them to fix it on 3/11/2017. The customer service agent gave me another promotion which is cable(TV)+internet(75mpbs) which cost 29.99 per month. I then agreed to this new rate, even though I was not interested in cable service. The agent told me the internet would be fixed in one hour, but after waiting three hours, my internet speed was still 10mpbs.

Yet again I had to call Comcast and ask why my internet speed did not change within one hour. The new agent told me that the new internet speed needs to activate with the cable which I would not receive until one week after.  I left on 3/12/2017 during the spring break. On, 3/18/2017, I called Comcast again to activate the cable but I only got 25mpbs which was not the agreement I made. The agent said the last agent might have made a mistake and the only way to get internet at 75mpbs is to pay 39.99 per month for both cable and the internet which is the original plan plus cable for the same price. The problem is I do not even have TV at my home.

To summarize, the issues I experienced are:

1. Being charged the wrong amount ($62.25)
  2. Changing my plan without my permission
  3. Being misled to believe I was agreeing to one plan, but later receiving another
  4. I have had to call Comcast at least five times over a five-month span and customer service did not deliver on their promises
  5. Billing charges were as follows:
    1. 8/30/16, 9/13/16, 10/16/16 =39.99
    2. 11/13/16 =62.25
    3. 12/29/16 =14.49
    4. 1/29/17, 3/1/17= 19.99
    5. April 2017 = 67.98

My last discussion with a Comcast customer service agent was with Mark on April 14, 2017.  He said he would investigate the issue and call me back.  I still have not received a call.  I am requesting that Comcast do the following to resolve this issue:

1. Provide internet speed of 75mpbs with 19.99 per month as promised
  2. Charge me a fair and consistent rate for the service

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Billing problems

Unfortunately, as previously stated: At this time, we will not be able to honor the offer provided for the 75 Mbps as it is no longer available. As of right now you currently have the lowest package and option available for the speeds you are requesting.  

All Replies
Official Employee

Re: Problem and Request

Hello Kuan-Ting. We apologize for the experience you've had with your previous interactions and any miscommunication you have received. I have reviewed your account and I am seeing the Doubleplay offer you have is at our lowest price.. Understandably since you do have a TV, we can remove the TV service, however in that event, your rate for Blast internet only would be higher than your current rate since you would be losing your multi product discount. 

If you are still not getting the 75Mbps that you should be, please let me know and I can help you troubleshoot that. 

Regular Visitor

Hi

The only reason I am using doubleplay offer(even I do not have TV in my home) now is becuase the previosuly agent told me that was the only way I can get the 75Mbps with 39.99 dollars per month. This is my original plan when I first began the comcast customer. As you can find out above I was charging wrong in one moneth so the other agent gave me the promotion that suppose for one year. Also, consider all the time I have talked with the different agents and the wrong information provided by one of agent, I believe the 19.99 dollars per month for 75Mbps is what I suppose to get now since this is what the agent promised me. If you do not believe that, you can hear the recording from you system which you guys monitor everytime when we talk. 

Official Employee

Kuan-Ting, I've reviewed the call audio we had available from when you called in regarding your account's billing. While 75 Mbps for $19.99 a month is not a package we offer, I would like to go over an Internet only package pricing option for you. Please click my name, ComcastMax, and then click "Private Message Me" in order to send me a message verifying your full name, address, and the phone number associated with your account so I can assist.

Regular Visitor

Billing problems

Hello,

I am a current customer of Xfinity for my home internet. In the middle of August 2016, I was enrolled in an internet plan for 75mpbs which cost 39.99 per month. The first three months I was charged the correct amount, but on 11/07/2016 my bill increased to 62.25 dollars because I was told I did not set up autopay. I immediately called Comcast customer service and told them the previously agent did not tell me to set up the auto pay in order to receive 75mpbs that cost 39.99 per month. The new customer service agent admitted fault and gave me a promotion which was 75mpbs at only 19.99 per month, and I was told the deal was good for 1 year. Also, she gave me compensation that only cost 14.49 on December’s bill.

However, around the beginning of March 2017, Comcast changed my plan from 75mpbs to the 10 Mbps (still cost 19.99 per month) without my permission. Again, I called Comcast about this problem and asked them to fix it on 3/11/2017. The customer service agent gave me another promotion which is cable(TV)+internet(75mpbs) which cost 29.99 per month. I then agreed to this new rate, even though I was not interested in cable service. The agent told me the internet would be fixed in one hour, but after waiting three hours, my internet speed was still 10mpbs.

Yet again I had to call Comcast and ask why my internet speed did not change within one hour. The new agent told me that the new internet speed needs to activate with the cable which I would not receive until one week after.  I left on 3/12/2017 during the spring break. On, 3/18/2017, I called Comcast again to activate the cable but I only got 25mpbs which was not the agreement I made. The agent said the last agent might have made a mistake and the only way to get internet at 75mpbs is to pay 39.99 per month for both cable and the internet which is the original plan plus cable for the same price. The problem is I do not even have TV at my home.

To summarize, the issues I experienced are:

1. Being charged the wrong amount ($62.25)
  2. Changing my plan without my permission
  3. Being misled to believe I was agreeing to one plan, but later receiving another
  4. I have had to call Comcast at least five times over a five-month span and customer service did not deliver on their promises
  5. Billing charges were as follows:
    1. 8/30/16, 9/13/16, 10/16/16 =39.99
    2. 11/13/16 =62.25
    3. 12/29/16 =14.49
    4. 1/29/17, 3/1/17= 19.99
    5. April 2017 = 67.98

My last discussion with a Comcast customer service agent was with Mark on April 14, 2017.  He said he would investigate the issue and call me back.  I still have not received a call.  I am requesting that Comcast do the following to resolve this issue:

1. Provide internet speed of 75mpbs with 19.99 per month as promised
  2. Charge me a fair and consistent rate for the service
Official Employee

Unfortunately, as previously stated: At this time, we will not be able to honor the offer provided for the 75 Mbps as it is no longer available. As of right now you currently have the lowest package and option available for the speeds you are requesting.  

New Poster

Hey Joe - I have to say I haven't had any horror stories like this, but we had a serious issue when we moved to another local address. It was a big mess and I had 2 account number, two bills for at least 3 months. I can't remember how many reps I talked to ....anyway, we just purchased an Amazon Firestick and we love it! I still want to keep some basic ( or expanded basic) cable, along with the internet service. We don't need the Internet "Blast" and can go down one level in the speed. My current bill is $197.43, but is normally is $200-$211 depending if we order anything on demand. I intend to purchase my own modem to get rid of the $10 per month fee, but when I was on chat yesterday the rep told me that was the ONLY discount she could offer me. I find that hard to believe. 

I need someone to go over my package and work with me so it is affordable for me. I will try to call Customer Solutions again today, but I am doubtful I will get any help. Thanks!

Thommo577