Community Forum

Pricing Complaint

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Pricing Complaint

I understand my wife and I are unique, however...

We joined Xfinity and got the total package: alll channels, premiums, and DVR. After two years, we realized all we do is binge watch HBO, Showtime, or Netflix. We do not need a TV plan or phone or DVR.

I saw a new customer price of Internet for 200/200 is $59.99. Comcast informed me this is for new customers. I found out that even when our contract ends, we still won't be able to get the new customer price. The best thing we could get would be our current rates.

So, the wife and I are paying $200+ just so we can spend another $12 to get Netflix. Does not make sense. When I inquired about standalone internet, I was told, they could do it for... after taxes... $104. That is almost double what a new customer pays.

FiOS, meanwhile, will allow us to get the internet for $39.99, with no contract, and they will pay Xfinity out of whatever is left on our current contract, up to $500.

Why does Comcast do this? Can someone switch us over to online only, now, for $59.99, so we do not have to go through the pain of switching providers. We simply do not want to pay $200/month.