Community Forum

Price raised in the middle of my 2 year contract

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Price raised in the middle of my 2 year contract

"How does Comcast think that raising someones bill in the middle of a 2 yr contract is fair to the customers that they say they value so much.  My bill went up for 3 items.  My adaptor up 33% , my broadcast fee up 38%  and my regional sports fee up 200%.  These are outrageous percentage increase amounts even though they only translate into a 5% increase in my total bill.  I feel like they are gouging me on these 3 increased items because they can't raise the $69 base bundle package price that they market so aggressively.  But they still found a way to raise my bill didn't they.  Needless to say I am sad to admit that that I too was fooled with the 2 year contract gimmick price deal. It’s probably in the fine print of the contract somewhere so I’m sure it’s my fault for not reading every word of it, but I don’t think it is right for them to do business that way.  I don’t get stung like this when I deal with any other large companies. Who else would ever try and get away with such large price increases half way through a fixed term contract.   I guess signing a contract at a certain monthly price means nothing to Comcast and neither does treating  their customers with any integrity once they have "reeled them in”.  

Signed, Stevejg in MI.  (A previously very happy Comcast subscriber who even got his brother and neighbor to give Comcast a try.  Now I'm sorry that I did that.)"

New Poster

Re: Price raised in the middle of my 2 year contract

A similar thing happened to me.  I truly can not believe that any person could believe that this practice is okay.  I have been a Comcast customer for 15+ years.  I will be a former customer after this contract is up. 

Problem Solver

Hello Stevejg,

Effective January 1, 2016 there was a company wide rate increase on services and fees.  The Broadcast Fee went up to $5.00, the Regional Sports Fee up to $3.00, and the adapters are now $3.99.  There was a notification sent out in the December bills, at least 30 days before the changes to effect.  The bill you received on 12/21/2015 has the rate increase notice and details of each service and fee that was changed.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Post removed for avoiding the nanny filter. Read the forum guidelines before getting creative.

Frequent Visitor

I did not say that I wasn't notified, my issue is that a price increase should not be able to be instituted on signed contracts that are already active.  I thought that was what having a contract was all about, so that both parties know what the charges and the fixed length of their OBLIGATION was.

Problem Solver

I do understand how this can be frustrated, but the terms of the two year contract state that the agreed upon price excludes taxes, surcharges, and ancillary fees.  The contract has protected your bundle price, though.  The same applies to someone who has a promotion;

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Well that's just wonderful because that's all I ever wanted was to have someone "Understand My Frustration".  Once again you have "taken care" of your customer in a way that only Comcast can. It's great to be UNDER CONTRACT with such an understanding customer focused company.

Gold Problem Solver

stevejg wrote: ... It's great to be UNDER CONTRACT with such an understanding customer focused company.

They've been busily inventing new fees and moving them, along with existing fees, outside of "contract" pricing. This essentially renders contracts meaningless as Comcast can use the fees to increase customer bills as much as they want, whenever they want. Unless customers revolt against this en masse, we can expect them to do more and more of this.

New Poster

I too, am under a two year contract, and was warned that the price would go up by $10.00 after year one, however, my fee has increased by double that. Comcast is only concerned with acquireing new customers, and doesn't care about existing customers. They know they have us locked in and stand to make money by either increasing fees or the money they can get if we break our contract. The rich get richer!

New Poster

I asked this specific question at a Comcast store. I was getting nickel and dimed by Dish yearly with a contract. I asked Andre at the store will this happen with Comcast? Answer was " No, the price you will pay is $ 112.57 for the first year and $ 119...something ( can remember the exact amount) the second year. Total lies!!!! Maybe this is something Lisa Madigan ( if you are Illinois) should get contacted about. If enough people complain, it will get looked into.
New Poster

Same thing here, supposedly you have a 2 yr contract and Comcast raises the bill by $10....underhanded and they don't care.  I almsot cancelled last time but they "teased" me with a 2 yr contract.  I will cancel soon and go to internet only.  I can't stand this liberal company.

New Poster

so what you sent out a 30 day notice...Comcast broke the contract yet if I don't like the price increase and cancel you hit me with fees for cancelling.  Did the notice allow me to cancel and break the contract without cancellation fees?  What a joke!

New Poster

I too have a problem when comcast raises prices on packages in mid-term. Although I didn't have a contract I was given verbal and written notification of the price of my package (X1 preferred triple play). Now 2 1/2 months in my package price increases $5 a month. When I contact them they tell me that is because I didn't enroll in the eco/auto pay and I should have been told that when I got this package. WELL I wasn't informed. Imagine that. Also this is nothing more than robbery! If you want people to enroll in this option then offer a $5 deduction to their bill. I'm contacting my Regulatory Commission and BBB on this issue. 

New Poster

Liberal? I thought it was owned by Rupert Murdoch at one point.

New Poster

Dropping to a single line of business is not a cancellation. Some people would not mention the ETFs, I heard it myself. You are required to meet goals, or face repercussions. Great employee benefits, but the people who come and yell at you, even when you're trying to help them out just didn't make it worth the money for me.<br><br>Almost all companies raise those fees, don't think that Comcast is the only one. I've seen it from several customers that would tell me that, or tell me the rep at Best Buy told them to get AT&T internet for streaming 4K, DSL internet... I had people scammed into the AT&T bundle who are paying for their internet and would come back for Comcast internet because it was better, and not as slow, even for the cheaper rate of speed. Then they were told if they cancelled anything at any time, they get the cancellation fee, which was a lie.<br><br>Diversity is good, otherwise you have a monopoly, and prices go up.
New Poster

I was locked in on a 2yr plan rio..I am steaming. ..Comast you are just not worth it... I done with you... Oh you just locked in yhe service.. But we can raise what we c harge you gor equipment. .How di we get your service without equipment? I did not sign anything and I never got a contract.
Like$208 dollars wasn't enough you're going to raise me 6 dollars at a time.. Whe i started with you my bill was under $60.. I think Ive been nickeled and dimed long enough..This is insulting..,I rather be over charged by AT&T ...
Official Employee

Hello @Wens. Comcast service contracts are built to lock in your package price only. All ancillary items, such as equipment rentals or taxes/fees, are subject to change during the contract agreement. Any other specialty discounts, such as discounted premium channels, run on their own discounted length of time and are also not price protected. Contract information can be found in My Account > Settings > Legal Agreements & Contract.

Also, I responded to your duplicate post about this located: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/Re-2-year-Agreement-Bill-is-way-more-than-I-agreed-to/m-p/30526...