Community Forum

Price hikes????

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Price hikes????

I’m seriously disappointed in my recent bill. I have been with xfinity for a year. I knew my bill would go up some, but didn’t quite expect it to be $30 shy of doubleing. I find it completely unfair to the consumer that we have to purchase up to the premium preferred package to have any quality children’s programming and anything I would want to watch. I don’t watch sports and don’t live in New York, so why am I being charged an extra $5 for sports? I find that completely unfair to the consumer and am going to open an inquiry with the BBB and FCC to see if this is fair business practices. I don’t believe this company is hurting and their shiesty charges and hidden fees price gouging is mind boggling. I called and the woman did her best to help despite the fact that I had to ask her to please slow down and repeat what she said as I couldn’t understand her strong accent. As of now, I’m disgusted that xfinity/comcast has the power to lock you into a two year agreement, however, at month 12 you’ll be paying them back for that holy cow that’s a good deal on top of your new monthly payment. Had I not called i would be paying $179/month. That’s more than my car payment! Is anyone else having this same issue?
Official Employee

Re: Price hikes????

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here.Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Contributor

You say you are on a two year contract , and year Two charges doubled ?

for my 2 year , they posted a contract with dollar amounts , then after signing

they sent me a copy ,, what does ur contract read .

Regular Visitor

I too have seen my bill go up for the past two months in a row. It was $158 two months ago, $170 last month, and is now $192. I have been more than happy with the TV and Internet service but my family and I just cannot afford it anymore. I feel trapped because there are no other internet providers around me besides Satellite. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm in the Winchester, VA area.