Community Forum

Price Increase: Why do they do that?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Price Increase: Why do they do that?

My comcast internet price went up by about $10.00 this month and when I had to go through a series of service agents (chat and then two levels of phone call, the first level of which couldn't even speak properly) before being told that the price will go up every year unless the promotion can be renewed. And when I said I'll cancel, they said they'll charge me an early termination fee because my contract apparently expires on Oct. 15. No niceties, no counter offers, nothing. Take it or leave seems to be the attitude.

Is it reasonable to expect the customer to keep track about the expiry every year or experience a price increase? When I told them about the Lifetime price being offered by Century Link, they offered a smilar plan for about $25 more, which is so unreasonable.

I'm so frustrated.

Official Employee

Re: Price Increase: Why do they do that?

Hi, monk077 - My apologies for your experience. We don't offer the Lifetime price but we can always check if there are any available promotions in the area. If you would like,  I can definitely check if we there are any promotions for your current tier of service. Just please let me know.