Community Forum

'Preferred Double Play with Performance Internet'. Billed $13 instead of $3 to upgrade to Blast!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

'Preferred Double Play with Performance Internet'. Billed $13 instead of $3 to upgrade to Blast!

I recently went to the Comcast store and  asked to upgrade from Performance Pro (100 Mbps) to Blast internet (200 Mbps).

Per the web site this was supposed to be $3. The Comcast rep in store said $13 initially, but when I asked if it should be $3, she confirmed it was $13 in total ans that we were already paying (built in or however) the first $10.

Not sure what she meant exactly in hindsight (assume she meant we had it built in somehow). I checked my old bill and there is no separate chage for any internet upgrade. The plan include Performance internet,

The website shows $3 difference between the internet-only plans (Perfrormance Pro and Blast), so the logical asusmption that upgrading the plan shpuld alsp be only $3 per month.

I received the bill and they billed $13 instead for Blaste speed upgrade (from Performance [Pro] to Blast)!

Not sure if anyone who has the 'Preferred Double Play with Performance Internet' can confirm what they paid to stay on Double Play but upgrade the internet portion speeds to Blast internet. Was it $3 or $13?

Can Comcast reps please confirm what it should be.

Latest Bill

Preferred Double Play
02/02 - 03/01
Includes Digital Preferred With Digital
Converter, Access To On Demand
Programming And Performance Pro Internet
Promotional Discount
02/02 - 03/01
The promotional rate ends on 01/06/18.
Bundle Discount
-29.86  << This discount was $49.86 monthly, till this month when I lost $20 of it.
Total Bundled Services
$119.99.  << This total was $99.99 till this month when it jumped $20 due to bundle discount dropping to only $30!

Further Below on the bill:

Speed Increase
02/02 - 03/01
Blast! Internet
Total Additional Internet Services
$13.00

Was told in store this was only $3, but when my bill just showed up I noticed the $13 charge.
Can anyone from Comcast please confirm why I was charged $13. The internet-only plans on Comcast show only a $3 difference...

• Blast!®

• Fastest, most reliable in-home WiFi
    • Enjoy on 8+ devices online at the same time
    • The speed you need for heavy-usage activities
    • Maximum speeds for the connected household
      • Internet 200 Mbps

$87.95
    per month
    Pricing & Other Info.

Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Residential customers only. Limited to Blast!® Internet service. Equipment, installation, taxes and fees, and other applicable charges extra. Pricing subject to change. Service limited to a single outlet. Wi-Fi claim based on the March 2016 study by Allion Test Labs, Inc. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed. XFINITY hotspots are included with Performance Internet and above only. Available in select areas. Requires compatible Wi-Fi hotspots enabled laptop or mobile device. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee applies to one month's recurring service charge and standard installation up to $500. Call for restrictions and complete details. ©2017 Comcast. All rights reserved.

• Performance Pro

• Fastest, most reliable in-home WiFi
    • Enjoy on 6-8 devices online at the same time
    • Speeds for heavy usage activities
    • Download TV shows in seconds
      • Internet 100 Mbps

$84.95
    per month

Problem Solver

Re: 'Preferred Double Play with Performance Internet'. Billed $13 instead of $3 to upgrade to Blast!

Hello njweb,

I apologize for any misinformation that has been provided to you. I have reviewed your account and you are on a promotional offer for a double play, which the Performance Pro Internet is included in that offer. Please keep in mind, the Blast! Internet is not on a promotional offer, therefore you would pay the $13.00 standard rate for the Blast! Speed increase. If you were paying everyday rate for the Performance Pro Internet only and upgraded to the Blast! Internet, then it would only be a $3.00 increase, which you have listed on your post. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: 'Preferred Double Play with Performance Internet'. Billed $13 instead of $3 to upgrade to Blast!

ComcastSheoneka wrote:

Hello njweb,

I apologize for any misinformation that has been provided to you. I have reviewed your account and you are on a promotional offer for a double play, which the Performance Pro Internet is included in that offer. Please keep in mind, the Blast! Internet is not on a promotional offer, therefore you would pay the $13.00 standard rate for the Blast! Speed increase. If you were paying everyday rate for the Performance Pro Internet only and upgraded to the Blast! Internet, then it would only be a $3.00 increase, which you have listed on your post. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you for the update and confirmation, albeit bad news, Sheoneka.

Problem Solver

You are welcome. Please do not hesitate to reach back out to us with any additional questions.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I had the same $13 charge for "faster" (not really) internet that was price listed for only $3 more.  The explanation about the promo plan being involved does not make any sense. It is more likely just a price increase because they feel like charging us more.  Even the FCC is probably bamboozled into thinking it has to have to do with promos.
However, I am back to Performance Pro since the speed of Blast was wasted.  100 Mbps is fine for us.  I wish I hadn't paid for Blast for a lot of years!  

On a side note, I noticed today that Comcast FINALLY has put pricing of "special" plans online for all to see (but some have no after the promo regular prices listed.  What are they hiding?)
I wish they showed the pricing ALL the time for ALL services and equipment to EVERYONE that goes to their site.  If they did that, the package deals would be more attractive, like $11-12 for internet when you get TV too.  (unbelievable but look at 'deals" and do the calculations.)
I also saw that Blast is shown as 50Mbps and still costs more than the Performance Pro that is 100Mbps.  Perhaps a typo, but it shows the same 50Mbps speed within their links for more info on it. Someone in the web department is going to be in trouble.  lol!!!!!!