Community Forum

Pre-sales Tv and Internet Questions

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Pre-sales Tv and Internet Questions

I am thinking of coming back to Comcast after a year with AT&T. The double play package that I am looking at contains the 100Mbps internet and the Preferred (220+) channel package. I have a few questions:

Is the Xfinity website the place to go to get the best deals?

Does anyone know the difference between the Preferred (220+ channel) package vs. the Preferred Plus (230+ channel) package?

I think I am just going to get a DVR box and one non-drv box. Can you request the specific equipment you want (for example the model of non-dvr box)?

Will the Xfinity Cloud DVR service be included with the package?

Do you automatically get a voice remote? (I am also thinking about purchasing a Logitech Harmony remote.)

A couple of other pieces of information that may or may not make any difference:

I plan to purchase an Arris SB6190 modem and use an Asus RTAC66U router that I already have.

Comcast ran fiber to the street in our neighborhood about 6 months ago. 

One of the reasons for coming back is the availibility of Xfinity Mobility.

I plan to connect an additional tv using the Xfinity app on a Roku box.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Expert

Re: Pre-sales Tv and Internet Questions

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks

Official Employee

Hi GreatOldiesDJ,

Is the Xfinity website the place to go to get the best deals?

Yes. I can also provide the information about the available promotions in your area if you send me your full name, address, and a phone number in a private message. 

Does anyone know the difference between the Preferred (220+ channel) package vs. the Preferred Plus (230+ channel) package?

Preferred Plus package usually has additional Premium channels (HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax).

I think I am just going to get a DVR box and one non-drv box. Can you request the specific equipment you want (for example the model of non-dvr box)?

You can request it in the XFINITY store but it will depend on the availability. You have a choice to get an XG2 or Xi3 box. 

Will the Xfinity Cloud DVR service be included with the package?

There is an additional charge for a DVR service but the XFINITY Cloud feature is part of any X1 DVR cable box. 

Do you automatically get a voice remote? (I am also thinking about purchasing a Logitech Harmony remote.)

You just need to request it when you will order/pick up cable boxes. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks.  I ordered my service and the installer will arrive tomorrow.

One other question, the installer is going to have to run a new cable from the street to the house. I have seen these cables lay above the ground for months until they are buried. Do you have any tips for getting the cable buriers out quickly?

Thanks.

Official Employee

Thanks.  I ordered my service and the installer will arrive tomorrow.

One other question, the installer is going to have to run a new cable from the street to the house. I have seen these cables lay above the ground for months until they are buried. Do you have any tips for getting the cable buriers out quickly?

Thanks.

Hi GreatOldiesDJ, I'm following up for Ella. How did the install go? Is there an above ground wire running across the lawn? If so, let me know and I can get that line buried. 

KenF