Community Forum

Permanent Cable needs to be run through house

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Permanent Cable needs to be run through house

On 9/10/17 we had an internet cable installed that went from the sidewalk, across the front lawn, through the backyard, and into the house.  Installer tech said someone would come to bury the cable.  On 10/9/17 techs came, installed and buried what they said is a "permanent" cable, and that another tech would have to come on a different day to run that permanent cable from either under the house, or go through the attic, to get it connected to the house.  Permanent cable is sitting loose on the lawn, not connected to the house, while the "temporary cable", the one the original tech installed, is still sitting on top of the front lawn, through the backyard, and into the house providing internet.  They said we would be contacted in a few days for an engineer to come out and finish connecting the permanent cable.  Please let me know when we can schedule the engineer to come out, thanks.

Expert

Re: Permanent Cable needs to be run through house

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Permanent Cable needs to be run through house

Hi jthayer3, thank you for bringing this to our attention, I can assist submitting a ticket to the proper team for further review and get someone out for you.  Could you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address, account number, and preferred contact number).

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!