Community Forum

Paying too much

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Paying too much

When I signed up for Comcast the salespersone told me that the cost would be $99 dollars a month for the cable connection, $100 for the hook-up and no increase for a year. Well much to my surprise I got the first bill today and the cost is $150 for the cable connection and the hook-up fee was now $150. Of course,  being stupid,  I have nothing in writing so I can't dispute it. The man at the cable company told me that for $150 they would disconnect my service. My fault but it seems to me to be poor business practice. I wish now I had gone with Direct TV.

Problem Solver

Re: Paying too much

Well, Comcast has nothing in writing then either to claim you are liable for an ETF (early termination fee).

To attempt proving there was a contract term with an ETF fee discussed, they'd have to quickly come up with a recording of the phone call where you agreed to service, which would also then prove what the terms & rates were that you agreed to. (vs what is now being billed)   Smiley Wink 

If you are within 30days of recieving service, you have a 30day money back garantee.

http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html

But consider contacting  Corporate Customer Support for help with this,

email:  we_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include:

full name.
service address.
phone number.  (where you can be reached)
account number.
link to this thread.
full details of the issue.

New Poster

Re: Paying too much

Thanks for the info. I'll contact them. 
It's not like it will break the bank, it's just the whole idea.