Community Forum

Paying late fee on late fees

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Paying late fee on late fees

This is ridiculous, I am so frustrated with getting charged late fees for late fees. Several months ago I had to go into the service center for the annoying annual increase of my internet service. I never remember exactly when my service plan is going to expire, so I always end up with at least 1 high bill before I catch the change. Well, when you're on a really strict budget getting a bill pretty much double to what you've been paying takes a while to recover from. I've been paying extra each month to try and catch up but it never shows I'm caught up because of all the late charges I keep getting. I'm pretty sure I'm caught up on the original and current balance, but because of late charges being accumulated on my account I'll never be caught up and I'm now paying a late charge on my late charges. Just another reason I wish I had some alternative to Xfinity for internet service, one that doesn't have you go through all this hassle every so often depending on your plan terms. At the very least they should send you a reminder of your current plan ending. They purposely know you won't catch it and they'll get much more money out of you for already overpriced services!
Official Employee

Re: Paying late fee on late fees

Hello @nineve66. We're sorry you feel that way. If you make a full payment toward your account for the full balance, you will no longer be charged late fees. Per our policy, you will only be charged a late fee if payment of the full balance is not paid by the due date. 

Please let us know if you need assistance with anything else.