Community Forum

Pay $5.95 a month for Service Protection Plan, was still charged $50 for service visit

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Pay $5.95 a month for Service Protection Plan, was still charged $50 for service visit

I recently had a technician come to the house to fix a problem with our TV service.

Now, I see that I have a $50 "In-home Service Visit" charge on my latest bill, even though I pay $5.95 a month for a Service Protection Plan!

This is obviously incorrect and I demand a $50 credit be applied to my account. Otherwise, I don't even know what I've been paying $5.95 a month for all this time.

Problem Solver

Re: Pay $5.95 a month for Service Protection Plan, was still charged $50 for service visit

Hello Berman,

I will be more than happy to assist. I have credited your account for the In Home Service visit. The credit will reflect on your next statement that prints under the other Charges and Credits section. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Pay $5.95 a month for Service Protection Plan, was still charged $50 for service visit

Thank you very much, ComcastCrystal.  I appreciate the quick reply and action.

Problem Solver

No problem! Glad I could help.

New Poster

I just saw that I have the "SPP".  We never ever signed up for such a thing.  Isn't this illegal to add protection plans without consent?  Does this have something to do with the recent lawsuit?

Problem Solver

Hello myrr,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.   The system automatically removed it and issued an adjustment for that amount. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I paid $5.95 for protection plans and when I called customer service to get a tech they told me that he is only going to check the line on the outside only but if he goes inside your house to check the signal you have to pay $60 this is such a big trek. Why do you call it protection plane ? Is it to protect from the wind !!!!
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.