Community Forum

PRIMARY ACCOUNT USER

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

PRIMARY ACCOUNT USER

The original user on the account is my father in law who has been deceased for 8 years.. but very recently, people started getting my emails (I'm Helen) and the emails say they are from Melvin. That was the primary account holder's name. It was changed to my name. Yet now I see that me, my husband and both of us are listed as secondary user and there is no primary user. I need to know how to change it myself. I can't transfer admin rights because Melvin hasn't been alive for 8 years and Inever had this problem till a few weeks ago. BTW, I got an email that said something like we are sorry fo any inconvenience during our email migration...Help please!

Official Employee

Re: PRIMARY ACCOUNT USER

Hi, helentw1 - We have a known issue with the changing email display name for the XFINITY Connect app. Do you send emails from the app? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes I use the app on my android phone. We've been told we have to to the Xfinity store with Melvin's death certificate. He died 8 years ago. I guess we've got to go to the store. Doesn't seem right with to go out of our way but it is what it is I guess.
Admin1

helentw1 -- The information you've been given is correct. The account will need to be transferred into your name in order to change the name on the email account. The DC is required to complete this changeover.