Community Forum

Own my equipment why Comcast now billing $11?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Own my equipment why Comcast now billing $11?

Comcast sent my last bill with 2 NEW charges.   As of January 2018 Comcast added $11 to my bill for renting Comcast modem.  They also added a laundry list of 5 charges for Voice(I use MagicJack). I dont want Comcast triple play ...I only want Tv and Internet...they gave me lots of grief regarding this double vs triple issue.  Comcast sells lots of TV and Internet bundles. Just now, not interested in selling it to me.

I dont own a comcast modem, or router, and was not billed for this in the last 5 years. 

Comcast does allow customers to purchase there own equipment per their own website....Arris 8200, MotorolaMB8600 and Netgear CM1000, these are all Docsis 3.1 certified.

The only reason comcast is requiring the triple play is to bill for a Modem rental that add's Voice. Nobody needs a special modem for voice...voip calling can be done by porting your phone to whatever Voip provider you like.    Comcast adds other "voice" fees,to the tune of around $7.  The bottom line is that your $99.99 super deal , quickly becomes a $139.99 pos.  The gamemanship is never ending, and because I cannot choose another vendor, we are stuck.

Official Employee

Re: Own my equipment why Comcast now billing $11?

Hi patcaro, 

Sorry you feel this way. I've receive and replied to your private message and am ready to help address your concerns. In the future, please refrain from reaching out directly through private message to ensure each customer is helped on a first come first serve order.  Chat with you soon.