Community Forum

Overcharged Since August of 2017 with several Escalation Tickets

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Overcharged Since August of 2017 with several Escalation Tickets

I moved into my apartment in mid-August of 2017. On 08 August 2017, I online chatted a representative to seek out internet deals for new customers. I had my mind set on getting only 75mbps. That's it. I am a full-time college student, and Army Reservist, so I never really have time to watch TV. Upon going over internet deals, the rep. informed me that my apartment complex actually offered a special pricing on the Preferred and Internet package for $49.99. So basically, I got my 75mbps wifi even cheaper than what I anticipated, and a really nice Xfinity bag to sit on the top shelf of my closet with a TV Box in it. For future reference, at no point was a "Promotional" or term-based contract discussed in this conversation. 

$49.99 per month plus $10 rental for the modem, and I was good to go. Fast Forward to August of 2017, and I facepalmed hard for the first time in my life. 

Upon receiving my Comcast bill for August, I noticed first that my Bundled package was $5 more than usual. No biggie. Then, I noticed a $25 "Voice" charge tacked on at the bottom. I laughed a little bit since the only ones I know to still have voice phones are large families and Federal Employees, and thought about how funny it would be if I were to have one. I paid it and called Comcast and they agreed it was an accidental charge and that they were starting an Escalation ticket on it. 

In September, the same "voice" charge...

In October, I cried a little bit. They finally took off the Voice charge, but my bundled package changed its name, added a few fancy channel lines underneath, and tacked on $30 on top of what I was originally paying. $79.95, and a $10 modem rental, instead of the $49.99 I use to pay. 

0n 30 November 2017, I online chatted with a representative to start the long line of online chat logs I now have today. He started off by explaining that the service request initiated in August was nowhere near the issue my bill actually possessed, so he created another, to include the new overcharges. Originally, he was understanding in my explanation. Then, he proposed that I, supposedly, agreed and consented to a Promotional package that in fact, ended in August. Now, it would be slightly convincing (had I not had the common sense to know if I had consented to a promotional period and signed an agreement to pay more after X amount of months) if my bill has jumped to a higher price immediately after 12 months. It did not. His reasoning was that the Voice charge was the same exact modem I use to pay $10 for, was now $25 because the package included the ability to connect a phone line to the modem. In no way, shape, or form, does the package I got hit with have Voice included. It was a TV/Internet package, Not one of those $300 tri-packs. 

Towards the end, he offered to provide me with a payment extension so that I could wait for the Tickets to be cleared before continuing to pay more than I should be. I also finally made it clear that it was just not adding up, and I would greatly appreciate a copy of the contract/agreement that depicted my acknowledgment of said bill increases. Then, for the first time in forever, my modem did a full reboot. Not once, but twice. Immediately after I asked for the documentation. 

Come the Holidays, and I take on some military orders out of town. On 10 January 2018, I receive a call from my finance that Comcast was at the door to collect their equipment due to non-payment on the account. I explained to the guy over the phone what happened, and he agreed it did not make sense and was unprofessional, but said the only way he could leave it was if I paid $200 and something dollars onto the account. Well, I was out of town and my fiance didn't have my debit card. So, off went the equipment. 

I get back into town and try to figure out what exactly is going on, and here I am. This week, I have contacted the Executive Customer Relations office and received a call from a woman that said she was handling my account and I should expect her to call in 24-48 hours at the latest. 72 hours later, I call back,  and I was told I would receive a Call by Monday. As a full-time college student, kind of needing wifi at this point in my life. So, I decided to take to the online chat and over the phone support and after a long 5 hours of 4 Representatives and 1 Supervisor, I am worn out and in need of help. 

I have transcripts of chat after chat of admission that I was in fact, NEVER in a promotional period or contract, to begin with. 

As of tonight, I have a Balance of $415.06, they have agreed to credit the account with the overcharges acquired in the amount of $149.80, which leaves me with the responsibility of paying a lump sum of $265.26. Now get this, this sum needs to be paid, in full, in order to START A NEW SERVICE...

That's right, no $49.99 bundle that I was promised and shoved out of. 

I strongly believe that the incompetency demonstrated while handling my account: whether it be the failure to properly turn-in, investigate, or communicate back to me the Escalation Reports; the inability to handle a relatively simple mishap in a timely manner; the fact that my Xfinity equipment was basically Repo'd from my apartment and account suspended after escalation tickets and payment extensions were submitted without the slighted communication back; the tremendous amount of late fees acquired that are unaccounted for; and the countless hours explaining this story over and over; and expectation of me paying a lump sum of $265.26 in order to "start fresh", are all factors that should be re-examined to come up with a better solution than, as what Mr. Jose called it today, the "Courtesy" of crediting back the money that should never have been build in the first place...

I need help. In advance, I greatly appreciate any and all who may give guidance or assistance. 

Official Employee

Re: Overcharged Since August of 2017 with several Escalation Tickets

Hi usarmy4me, 

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for your service. Second, I'd like to apologize for the experience you've had while trying to straighten out your billing concerns. I'd like to review your account to see how I can help make this right. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!