Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Overcharge for Cable Card for TiVo

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Overcharge for Cable Card for TiVo

I have contacted Comcast Customer Service 4 times about this issue. The cost of the cable card jumped from $1.99 to $9.95. After several calls and chat sessions, Comcast agreed to lower my cable card rental back down to $1.99 but each month, they continue to charge me $9.95. They consider the rental of a cable card for my TiVo box an "Additional Outlet." Each customer service representative apologizes, says that they have resolved the issue, and have made notations in my account that the fee will remain $1.99 mo. Last month, customer service gave me a credit of $25 for good faith and to apologize again. Today, my bill shows that they are still charging me $9.95 mo for the cable card and have carried over a balance of $25 from the previous month. Therefore, all my time spent calling and chatting w customer service resolved nothing. Nothing has changed! I'm completely aggravated about this situation!!!!!

Official Employee

Re: Overcharge for Cable Card for TiVo

Hello kpassion8. I can assist with reviewing the applicable charges for your area, for an additional cable card. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

New Poster

The exact same thing happened to me as well, I was told the same thing as the OP and the charges went back like he described, after being assured by your CS team that i would only be charged the 1.99 fee.

Official Employee

Hello @garfeeld1. I can help you as well with reviewing the applicable charges for Cable Cards in your area. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.