Community Forum

Overbilled for 17 months, now will only reimburse for 4, how do I get paid back

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Overbilled for 17 months, now will only reimburse for 4, how do I get paid back

Upon more closely scrutinizing my bill  I inquired of Comcast and they acknowledged that they've been overbilling me for extra boxes/services.  My 2 year contract was for 2 boxes/remotes and some services as we only have 2 TV's.   17 months of overbilling totalling close to $800 that they acknowlege was wrongly billed while my partner has it on autopay AND has been paying what has been billed.  They've modified current invoices to be accurate but are only offering to credit for 4 months from time of me notifying them. Have spoken with billing reps, and supervisors in Billing call center, part of what were (2) 90 minutes conversations over many months trying to get this straightened out.  They indicated I can write a letter to a general corporate comcast address in Philly, offering no other recourse and zero assurance. 

QUESTION:  Is there anything else I can do to be paid back the money Comcast has acknowledged overbilling me for the full 17 months, not 120 days as they are quick to note on the paper invoice?

DEAR COMCAST- are you listening???? Wouldn't Comcast like to retain a loyal customer, rather than losing potentially years of future earnings, and pay back what is rightfully mine, as it's been acknowledged as Comcast's mistake?   I have ticket numbers for all the conversations to date.  Make this right, pay me back without delay, remedy the situation.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Overbilled for 17 months, now will only reimburse for 4, how do I get paid back

It is hard battling a large corporation, but if you're motivated enough, find out what gov't entities (federal, state) oversee business and cable service, and  write them, first comes to mind is your state attorney general.  In your favor is they admit the overbilling.  When you write them, cc the corporate hq.

Regular Contributor

Re: Overbilled for 17 months, now will only reimburse for 4, how do I get paid back

Good  luck but Comcast is not going to pay you back 17 months of over billing  I think you where lucky enough too get  out of 17  so if I where you I would not push your luck 

Official Employee

Hi @matthewh1

Sorry for the experience you've had. I'd like to investigate this. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.