Community Forum

Outrageous bill and Sales agent failed to advise of current promotions

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Outrageous bill and Sales agent failed to advise of current promotions

At around my 1yr mark of having Internet service, I decided to leave DirecTv, and added a home phone and T.V service. Home phone was simple, however the T.V portion has and continues to be a major pain in the rear since day 1. Problems consists(ed) of lack of communication on cancelled installation appointment, wrong Channel Package (twice), missing
Premium channels, Blast 200 internet running at 26-38 mbps which brought the Tech back and ended up missing another day of work. So a friend of mine told me of a Comcast Mobile promotion where Samsung was giving $200 visa and either $400 or $500 visa from Comcast. I called and placed my order Dec.9th with the expectations of receiving both cards. I only qualified for the Samsung promotion, and that I had 7 days from date of TV installation for the $500. I requested a supervisor in hopes he might have override access. He said I did not qualify and there was nothing he could do. I was advised that promotional offers are offered from the Sales Dept. My sales rep failed to mention those wonderful promotions and I would like someone with authority to review the Sales calls and grant the $500 visa card. In all my 8yrs with Directv, I never had this many issues in such a short amount of time. Dont get me wrong, Directv isnt perfect, but my calls/concerns to them were spreadout by months.
Official Employee

Re: Outrageous bill and Sales agent failed to advise of current promotions

Hello Yesenialoera1, I apologize for the misunderstanding but the $500 gift cards issued by Comcast is for new customers only. You would have to be a new internet and cell phone subscriber to be eligible which is why the supervisor you spoke with could not honor your request.