Community Forum

Only option every renewal period is to pay more

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Only option every renewal period is to pay more

After installing comcast more than 3 years ago, at $25 / month for internet only - I'm now sitting at a $70 bill per month when all I want is internet.

At the end of that first 2 year promotion (which I was completely unaware was a promotion), my bill jumped up in the $50+ range.  I then went through the hoops of trying to find out how to fix it, which I was then told I needed to bundle cable to achieve a price of $40 per month.  Which I did, only to find out my bill was $48 / month for some "service fee" that the sales rep never mentioned to me.  I put up with it.  

A couple weeks ago I had Comcast calling to sell me a new plan, and I asked the rep unless he can offer me something cheaper than what I am paying, I am not interested(which he couldn't).  He also said that my current deal had another 6 months left on it.  Well I looked at my bill earlier this week, and it was just under $70.  I called immediately to find out it apparently ended this month.  And all they could offer me relative to my current price, was a downgrade from 100mbps internet, to 10 mbps internet, at $50 a month.

I had them switch me to it.  I'm currently looking at WoW's internet only deal for 100 mbs, at $40 per month.  If there is any deal or promotion that I'm missing, or if I called the wrong department, I would appreciate a finger in the right direction.  I would love some help, because I will not pay $50 per month for subpar internet.  If there's nothing I can do, I appreciate anyone reading this but I will be switching to WoW.

Official Employee

Re: Only option every renewal period is to pay more

Hi @Weophyte

I can check to see if there are any other promotions for internet only. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!