Community Forum

Not exactly sure what to do

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Not exactly sure what to do

On April 24th, I upgraded from Internet only to Triple Play prior to my move to a new address which I had already set up an appointment to transfer service. I wanted to see how Triple Play was before my move and if it made sense for me to have it. From the start of the upgrade, I have had nothing but trouble. The account did not have HD service even though I was told I would have it. When I contact customer service, they said I did. Then I went to chat online they told me I didnt but they would provide me with HD service. Next, on May 8th, my cable randomly turned off and I could not access anything. But for some reason my internet is still active. Come to find out that someone at Comcast set up the disconnect date as May 8th, although I had been very explicit that I was not moving until May 19th, hence the appointment set to transfer service on May 19th. Today, I spent an hour trying to cancel my cable and keep my internet at my current/old address. After the hour being on hold for about 40 of those minutes, I was pushed to new sales. I thought the orignial CSR had communicated what was going on with new sales, since that is what she said, but apparently she did not. Then I explained again what was going on New Sales said she couldn't do anything so she had to push me to someone else. That is when I lost it. I had been on the phone for over an hour and half and I could not repeat my story yet again to someone who would push me to another CSR. I do not have the time right now in the midst of packing and getting ready for my move. 

What I would like from Comcast is to make sure I have internet at my current location for the next week. And then make sure the transfer is set for May 19th. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Not exactly sure what to do

Since the disconnect has already been processed, they would have to set you up again. That would require picking an offer from what they have available. You could go with internet only until you move, but you would then have to choose your new plan when you setup the move order. Sales would be the department to hook you back up, possibly with assistance from tech support if the equipment shows as removed. Then you would have to speak with their movers department to setup the transfer (CALL IN to do that part especially, their mover system is wonky) That is alot of work, but to get what you want done, that is the process.
Expert

@timdlang1

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi timdlang1. I can assist in reviewing the account status at your current location. I can also help get your internet restarted and assist with the transfer of service. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, current service address, and current account number so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!