Community Forum

No volume or channel buttons???

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

No volume or channel buttons???

Hello
My remote was suddenly lost. Only option was customer service because no buttons on this box! Horrible experience. I was trying to explain something and was snapped at telling me that I was not listening. Couldn't understand Hindi accent in first place, but service rep should never tell customer that line. It's rep job to listen to customer. Asked for manager. Was hung up on! 4 or 5 calls later I finally was told that there is an app to use my phone as remote and it has your companies name on it. Caught last few minutes of game that I had been waiting for. Was unbelievable how rude and unhelpful service was. Canceling as soon as I find replacement and telling all of my clients to avoid Xfinity. Ruined my evening and mood, but you guys seem not to care about my business. I HAD TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE MULTIPLE TIMES, WAS SNAPPED AT FOR NOT LISTENING WHILE I WAS MID SENTENCE THEN HUNG UP ON AFTER ASKING FOR A MANAGER TO CANCEL MY SERVICE. TOOK 5 CALLS FOR SOMEONE TO TELL ME THAT I COULD SIMPLY DOWNLOAD THE REMOTE APP. Sorry.... Just reiterating how ridiculous and frustrating this was.
Matt Davis
Official Employee

Re: No volume or channel buttons???

Hello MD35. We sincerely apologize for recent experience. We want all our customers to feel valued and respected. If you need any further assistance with your remote or your remote app features, please let me know and I would be happy to help.