Community Forum

No record of online cancellation request. Not contacted as advertised. Charged for unused services.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

No record of online cancellation request. Not contacted as advertised. Charged for unused services.

My issue with a missing cancellation request is unresolved and I will have to take further action against false advertizing. I have been told repeatably that there is no record of a online submission of a cancellation request, despite the fact that I filled out the online form. After filling out the form and clicking the submit request button, I was shown a message that I would be contacted in 2-3 business days by a Comcast representative. I was not contacted nor was I given any sort of confirmation. Only after three months was I contacted about an overdue bill for a location I wasn't even living at the time.

I was offered half compensation for YOUR billing error and have not received any logical explanation as to why I was not contacted by a representative as advertised, nor why my service canceled as requested. I am taking this matter to the FCC and BBB since I have received NO support or explanation from Comcast.

I have attached a photo SHOWING the message stating, "We take our customers' security seriously, so we'll give you a call within two business days to verify this request." 

So, if you take your customers' security seriously, why was I never contacted and why is this issue still an issue?!

Request for Cancellation_Xfinity.PNG

Official Employee

Re: No record of online cancellation request. Not contacted as advertised. Charged for unused ser...

Hello CAFM. Our records indicate our Forums Official Employee ComcastAmir, reached out to you after doing an investigation into your cancellation request. To discuss the details of his research, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: No record of online cancellation request. Not contacted as advertised. Charged for unused ser...

I sent you a PM. This could have all been avoided if I was given a call as advertised, provided with a confirmation number, or directed to call to cancel my account. I hope you can provide an explanation for this absurd, illogical, and illegal false advertising.

Official Employee

Hello CAFM. I have received your private message and I have responded. The screenshot you have provided is a form to verify your request to cancel services. This is not a formal cancellation confirmation. We apologize you did not receive that phone call. 

Frequent Visitor

Your answer does NOT explain why a paying customer did NOT receive any customer support while attempting simply verify that they're cancelation request was received?

I'm not even going to ask about the complexities of receiving an actual confirmation request. Instead, I would like to inquire how a customer is supposed to go about canceling their service with Comcast, if not by following the guidelines outlined on the Comcast website? Should I consult an online forum such as #reddit ? Perhaps I should pick the first hit on a Google search? Surely the answer does not involve consulting the Comcast website and filling out an online cancelation request! Obviously that system doesn't even allow a loyal paying customer to adequately request cancelation services. So, tell me, where did I go wrong? How many ways must a customer contact Comcast in order to switch the location of their services? Your answers have not been helpful.

Official Employee

Hi CAFM, 

I've replied to your private message following up for ComcastJoe. Please reply at your convenience. I'd like to get more information to see how we can assist you in getting this resolved.