Community Forum

No information being given on complete installation

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

No information being given on complete installation

So I moved my service from one address to the other on February 2. Found out that the service was not connected when I moved in. On February 6 I get a tech that finds out that the outside box cannot be opened and that the construction department will need to be contacted. I contact customer service and they agree to send another tech today who can open the box (who told me a whole different story and was told that the box could be opened). The box still cannot be opened. I have not been given any timelines as to when this issue will be resolved. It just involves the simple swapping of a cable from the AT&T box to the Comcast box, and I was not given any information on when this would happen so I could accommodate the tech when they arrive.

Given that I rely on the Internet for my income I really need reliable connection. Using the WiFi hotspot results in dropped calls with clients which can be really frustrating for me. Is there anyone who can help me out here?

Admin1

Re: No information being given on complete installation

Hi JoseAlvarex920 -- I can help with getting someone out to open this box and complete your installation. Please send me a PM with name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I'll work with construction to have this box opened and get someone out to finish the install.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.