Community Forum

No Voice PIN, No Service: Proof that Comcast HATES their customers

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

No Voice PIN, No Service: Proof that Comcast HATES their customers

After trying to update my account online (unsuccessfully due to problems with the website), I called customer service. They informed me that a new online account had been created for me when I moved to my current address about 8 months ago. This was news to me. Fortunately, he was able to tell me my new username, but since I've never logged in, the "forgot password" option didn't work. I was instead instructed to call or chat with a representative in order to obtain a "reset code." Over the next two hours, I both spoke and chatted with various representatives, and not a single one was able to give me this reset code.

Why? Because the way Comcast has decided to validate customers' identity is hopelessly flawed (to put it kindly). They ask for four pieces of information: service address, phone number, last 4 digits of your SSN, and a PIN that came with your free Comcast VoIP service.  I don't use their VoIP service because I don't need it and I never asked for it, so of course I don't know anything about a Voice PIN. I relayed this to each of the representatives I spoke with, but none of them could continue with the call without it. My question is, if everything hinges on this Voice PIN, why gather phone number and SSN? And why isn't the two-factor authentication that virtually every other reputable company uses good enough? And how is it possible that there is no process for customers who choose not to utilize the free VoIP service included with their cable/internet package?

I'm done with this loathsome company. Every time I have to contact them it's a nightmare. It's mind-boggling to me how they can consistently fail so disasterously when their competitors don't seem to have any of their ridiculous problems (ie. non-working links on website, long hold times for cust. svc, inability to change primary account holder info, ...the list goes on).

Do better, Comcast. You owe it to the people who keep you in business.

Official Employee

Re: No Voice PIN, No Service: Proof that Comcast HATES their customers

Hello RandJG. We're sorry you feel that way. We certainly value all our customers, including you. If you still need help with obtaining your Voice PIN, I can help. I can assist with any of your account or service needs just as well. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!