Community Forum

No TV and Internet service for at least 3 days

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

No TV and Internet service for at least 3 days

Hi folks,

Not sure if anyone can provide some advice but my Comcast service has stopped working all together since yesterday Saturday January 13, 2018.

The issue is is signal related as the upstream channel is not locked.

Hence, no TV and more importantly no Internet at this time for us which we need for work urgently.

Called Comcast and the earliest they can send out a technician is Tuesday January 16.

It is hard to believe that in this time and age it is not possible to resolve a 3 day outage issue in a metro area.

Is there a better way to escalate this issue? Any help and advice is appreciated.
Official Employee

Re: No TV and Internet service for at least 3 days

radioman81 wrote:
Hi folks,

Not sure if anyone can provide some advice but my Comcast service has stopped working all together since yesterday Saturday January 13, 2018.

The issue is is signal related as the upstream channel is not locked.

Hence, no TV and more importantly no Internet at this time for us which we need for work urgently.

Called Comcast and the earliest they can send out a technician is Tuesday January 16.

It is hard to believe that in this time and age it is not possible to resolve a 3 day outage issue in a metro area.

Is there a better way to escalate this issue? Any help and advice is appreciated.

Unfortunately, with the holiday tomorrow you have the soonest appointment. It's not an outage as customers on either side of you have service. Check if you have an amp that possibly lost power.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

What's an AMP that lost power? I tried two different modems and it is the same issue.

My cable is underground and goes to a pole in someone's else backyard.
Official Employee

radioman81 wrote:
What's an AMP that lost power? I tried two different modems and it is the same issue.

My cable is underground and goes to a pole in someone's else backyard.

The amp would be in your house (if you have one). No idea if you do or don't, just something to look for.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thanks for the idea but unfortunately, no, the cable goes directly from the outside to the modem. No splitter or anything in between at this time.

If it helps or not - Modem error log says:

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-
Official Employee

radioman81 wrote:
Thanks for the idea but unfortunately, no, the cable goes directly from the outside to the modem. No splitter or anything in between at this time.

If it helps or not - Modem error log says:

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-

There would be something somewhere (outside?), you also have 2 cable boxes.

New Poster

I took out the splitter for the two cable boxes inside and connected the cable modem directly to the line that goes outside to the pole. Not much different result. I assume the cable to the pole got compromised.