Community Forum

No Show Technician/Bizarre & Unhelpful Comcast Call

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

No Show Technician/Bizarre & Unhelpful Comcast Call

For the past week my tv services have been HORRIBLE to say the least. Choppy picture, no volume, slow service and unable to use my remote. You literally could not watch tv on any of the 4 TVs in my home. So I called Comcast/Xfinity, or at least I think I did, (the reason I say that is because it was unlike ANY other phone call I’ve ever had). I actually requested a call back from Xfinity, yesterday, February 9th. I spoke with a girl, who called herself “Jen”, but in the background I could hear many other people talking on the phone, it was almost as if I was in the middle of a SALES call center, somewhere in India!!!!!! Anyway, “Jen” set me up with an appointment today, February 10th between 1-4, for a technician to come out because nothing was fixing this problem. Fast forward to today, February 10th, at 3:45 pm and NO technician has come to my home. I decided to once AGAIN request a call back from Comcast/Xfinity to find out, WHERE is the technician????? When I finally get the call back, it is again, someone I can barely understand, calling me from a room filled with multiple people talking on phones, somewhere in India. I explain my problem yet again and ask, where is the technician. He puts me on hold, which consisted of just putting the phone down on his desk/table, where you can hear everyone else in the room chit chatting, so he can find out what’s going on with my technician. When he finally returns first he tries to tell me that there never was an appointment made, so I apparently imagined that and had nothing better to do then to call Comcast/Xfinity for the past two days!!!! Then he proceeded to tell me that his supervisor wants to know, WHY, I need a technician at my house!!!!! I couldn’t even believe he asked me that. NEVER have I been asked WHY, do I need a technician to come out to my house. Well, if you look in the records you will see my previous call and know WHY I need a technician. He puts me down again, and then comes back and tells me that I downgraded from the Triple Play Package to the Double Play Package. <br>Now first of all, I did NOT AUTHORIZE ANY downgrade, nor did I ask to be downgraded, so IF I have been, then Comcast/Xfinity took it upon themselves to downgrade my package, but clearly NOT the price!!!!! And IF I had downgraded, WHICH I DIDNT, what would that have to do with your CRAPPY service????? At this point, I’m not even sure WHO I was talking too!!!!! And after being with Comcast for more then 25 YEARS, I am seriously contemplating whether or not to switch to Verizon. This man basically told me that I was lying about the technician appointment set for today, plus WHO decided to downgrade my package, and WHY???? Without telling me!!! I plan on filing a formal complaint, and after that, who knows, I haven’t decided what I’m going to do yet, but their customer service STINKS!!!!!
Expert

Re: No Show Technician/Bizarre &amp; Unhelpful Comcast Call

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, I appreciate that. Hopefully I’ll be able to get some answers.
Official Employee

Hello JAR67, I can assist you with getting a tech out to repair your services. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!