Community Forum

No Respect for Their Customers

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

No Respect for Their Customers

There is absolutely no accountability for Comcast technical or customer support.  After three failed attempts to self-install the modem recommended by Comcast, the support tech informed me that they would have to send a service technician to my house, and when I told her I didn't want to pay for that, she assured me there would be no charge for the trouble I had getting my new services to work.  The service tech was also unable to connect the services, and the $60 was still applied to my bill.  Two different customer support reps assured me this charge would be removed, yet it was not.  When I called to dispute the charge, I was told that regardless of what the support tech told me, I would be charged and they wouldn't remove the fee.  I asked to speak to a manager, who was too busy laughing to take me seriously, and was more willing to give me the cancellation information and let a loyal customer go than work with me on a fee that I honestly believed would never be charged because I didn't ask for the service call.  There are no words for how disrespected/worthless I felt as a customer and how furious I am that Comcast is willing to let me cancel my services rather than refund the fee, but after the experience I had today, I would glady pay to cancel my contract than deal with Comcast customer support over $60.  TERRIBLE customer service!!!!  I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Expert

Re: No Respect for Their Customers

What? they charged you a fee and your service still doesn't work?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yep, I bought the exact modem listed on their website because I didn't want to rent their modem, yet it apparently wasn't compatible with their service.  Technician could do nothing to fix it.  So they're telling me I have to pay $60 for a guy, who I didn't want, to come to my house and do exactly what I had already done and still no service.  Had to rent their modem at that point and was assured twice that the fee would be removed.  It wasn't.  Then had the customer service manager laughing through the phone at me while I was disputing this charge.  I wish I could file a formal complaint, but something tells me that John isn't his real name.

Expert

Alright, I'll ask an employee to take a look at your account and see if they can help you out. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi Bayleaf999, apologies for your experiences and I can assist reviewing this further for you.  Please send me a private message with your account information (Name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.