Community Forum

Nightmare

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Nightmare

I have a nightmare of an issue going on..first I’ve had my DVR box replaced twice since summer the first time the installer switched my box out 2-3 times while he was here then told me the color went out on my TV. We tried everything to no avail to get the color back. Sooooo after watching yellow and blue TV for several months I bought a new TV in December at Christmas prices (478.00 + tax)! I gave my former 55” TV away, just to find out the color was fine once the box was disconnected from it. The TV installers (thru Sams club) could not figure out why the installer used the cables he did on my former TV. They tried to hook my new tv up but couldn’t use HDMI cables due to the box and cables the installer had used. I had reception and cable but not HD quality. They recommended I get a new box. Before I could call to get a new box my box went out AGAIN Jan 2018. It was “4” days of no service just to have them come out and AGAIN replace my box and this time hook it up using HDMI cables! I finally had 4K and HD TV, BUT they pulled my entertainment system out to replace my box and after they left my shelf fell and broke my JVC DVD/VHS recorder/player and destroyed my shelf and entertainment center!!! It’s horrendous looking!! I want reimbursement for this damage and broken equipment, the new TV that I DID NOT need and the days I’ve been without service!! They also destroyed my HDMI cable and took (stole) a new HDMI cable from my two pack!

Now....for more problems...my son was using my American Express to pay his cable bill and so was I. My son lives in Nashville & I live in Knoxville. His contract expired in August and he went with AT&T but Comcast kept hitting my card for months later for his cable bill that he NO LONGER had!!!! Finally we called American Express and told them to reverse the charges and block comcast for his account only! However, not knowing American Express reversed my payments too and blocked them too! I got a bill on 1/19/18 telling me I owed 667.??!!! I immediately called and got FOUR “4” different foreigners and none could understand or help me. Finally, after over two hours on the phone and approximately “8” phone calls I found out what had happened! I called American Express immediately and had them reapply the two payments they had reversed (11/7 for $163.69 & 12/7 for $163.68). I then PHYSICALLY went to the office on Asheville Hwy in Knoxville on 1/20/18, and talked to CJ whom told me DO NOT make my January pmt (which Comcast had not drafted for because they were erroneously blocked on AE). CJ said that once my two payments hit Comcast would turn around and redraft me for January & February and IF I paid too my account would end up with a huge credit balance and it would take forever to fix!! Their words NOT mine!!! He documented the system assured me everything was ok and I left. I got up with next Friday morning (1/26/18) and I had no WIFI, I didn’t have time to deal with it as I had to work and had guest coming that evening. I left and returned at 10:30 PM to find my cable had been cut for non-payment! I’ve been with Comcast for YEARS and never even one day late and they cut me off no notice!! Bare in mind I received a bill on 1/7/18 showing a zero balance so from 1/7/18 until 1/19/18 the two pmts had been reversed, the January pmt had rolled due, they hit me with a 9.95 fee AND they demanded my 2/7/18 payment too!!!! I went from a flawless customer to disconnect in ONE WEEK!!! No phone calls no nothing!!!!!!! I was horribly embarrassed as I had my hockey player grandson visiting with his hockey player team mate and the team mates dad and I had no WiFi, no cable, no roku and no Netflix!!!! AGAIN I get up on Saturday morning and go to Comcast on Asheville Hwy and AGAIN I get CJ. He turns my cable back on, escalates my account to Senior Account Management “IN HIS SYSTEM” and tells me THEY will call ME on Monday. I insist on paying the January payment, show him where American Express has returned the two payments back on 1/20/18, and so this SHOULD make my account ZERO except for the 9.95, right?!?! Wrong!!!!!!! Comcast bumps my box and disconnects everything today (1/30/18) to get me to call them!! I get through to an AMERICAN (thank God and unbelievable)!!! I talk to Alicia in Florida and she puts a payment tracker on my account (THEY still can’t find my two payments that THEY have had since 1/20/18, and it's now 1/30/18)!!!! American Express offers to help them but they state they can’t talk to them on my behalf against their rules!!!!! After talking to Alicia to once again hopefully get Comcast to apply my payments they pass me to TJ in the Philippines to get my cable back on. TJ tries to tell me he will call me back and I said oh no you folks don’t call back (as I haven’t even begun to tell you about all the phone calls I’ve made, Comcast promises, and no returned calls), I said stay with me please!!! I’ve been without cable all day!!! After about 45 minutes TJ gets disconnected but he does call back, after about another hour he gets disconnected again and never calls back!! I got a friend to come over and we were able to fix where the cable installer connected the cables so loosely and cords so short they had worked out apparently!! Sooooo now I have cable, but I could wake up tomorrow and it all be gone, again!!

I WANT
1. My DVR/VHS Recorder/Player replaced
2. The $478.00 plus tax for a replacement TV reimbursed.
3. My two broken and stolen HDMI cables replaced.
4. My broken/busted/gashed/scarred, once beautiful dark cherry entertainment center repaired. I’m SICK to death over this!!!
5. Your lack of payment processing errors corrected and an apology
6. The $9.95 removed from my account
7. Any deragatory history on my account removed and again apologized for.
8. Approximately two weeks of no service reimbursed.
9. Training for your employees and reprimands for employees that don’t keep their promises and fail to return calls!
10. American customer service on all issues everyone calls in about!!!!!!
11. Someone notify me ASAP that this nightmare is over!!!!!!
Expert

Re: Nightmare

wrote:
I have a nightmare of an issue going on..first I’ve had my DVR box replaced twice since summer the first time the installer switched my box out 2-3 times while he was here then told me the color went out on my TV. We tried everything to no avail to get the color back. Sooooo after watching yellow and blue TV for several months I bought a new TV in December at Christmas prices (478.00 + tax)! I gave my former 55” TV away, just to find out the color was fine once the box was disconnected from it. The TV installers (thru Sams club) could not figure out why the installer used the cables he did on my former TV. They tried to hook my new tv up but couldn’t use HDMI cables due to the box and cables the installer had used. I had reception and cable but not HD quality. They recommended I get a new box. Before I could call to get a new box my box went out AGAIN Jan 2018. It was “4” days of no service just to have them come out and AGAIN replace my box and this time hook it up using HDMI cables! I finally had 4K and HD TV, BUT they pulled my entertainment system out to replace my box and after they left my shelf fell and broke my JVC DVD/VHS recorder/player and destroyed my shelf and entertainment center!!! It’s horrendous looking!! I want reimbursement for this damage and broken equipment, the new TV that I DID NOT need and the days I’ve been without service!! They also destroyed my HDMI cable and took (stole) a new HDMI cable from my two pack!

Now....for more problems...my son was using my American Express to pay his cable bill and so was I. My son lives in Nashville & I live in Knoxville. His contract expired in August and he went with AT&T but Comcast kept hitting my card for months later for his cable bill that he NO LONGER had!!!! Finally we called American Express and told them to reverse the charges and block comcast for his account only! However, not knowing American Express reversed my payments too and blocked them too! I got a bill on 1/19/18 telling me I owed 667.??!!! I immediately called and got FOUR “4” different foreigners and none could understand or help me. Finally, after over two hours on the phone and approximately “8” phone calls I found out what had happened! I called American Express immediately and had them reapply the two payments they had reversed (11/7 for $163.69 & 12/7 for $163.68). I then PHYSICALLY went to the office on Asheville Hwy in Knoxville on 1/20/18, and talked to CJ whom told me DO NOT make my January pmt (which Comcast had not drafted for because they were erroneously blocked on AE). CJ said that once my two payments hit Comcast would turn around and redraft me for January & February and IF I paid too my account would end up with a huge credit balance and it would take forever to fix!! Their words NOT mine!!! He documented the system assured me everything was ok and I left. I got up with next Friday morning (1/26/18) and I had no WIFI, I didn’t have time to deal with it as I had to work and had guest coming that evening. I left and returned at 10:30 PM to find my cable had been cut for non-payment! I’ve been with Comcast for YEARS and never even one day late and they cut me off no notice!! Bare in mind I received a bill on 1/7/18 showing a zero balance so from 1/7/18 until 1/19/18 the two pmts had been reversed, the January pmt had rolled due, they hit me with a 9.95 fee AND they demanded my 2/7/18 payment too!!!! I went from a flawless customer to disconnect in ONE WEEK!!! No phone calls no nothing!!!!!!! I was horribly embarrassed as I had my hockey player grandson visiting with his hockey player team mate and the team mates dad and I had no WiFi, no cable, no roku and no Netflix!!!! AGAIN I get up on Saturday morning and go to Comcast on Asheville Hwy and AGAIN I get CJ. He turns my cable back on, escalates my account to Senior Account Management “IN HIS SYSTEM” and tells me THEY will call ME on Monday. I insist on paying the January payment, show him where American Express has returned the two payments back on 1/20/18, and so this SHOULD make my account ZERO except for the 9.95, right?!?! Wrong!!!!!!! Comcast bumps my box and disconnects everything today (1/30/18) to get me to call them!! I get through to an AMERICAN (thank God and unbelievable)!!! I talk to Alicia in Florida and she puts a payment tracker on my account (THEY still can’t find my two payments that THEY have had since 1/20/18, and it's now 1/30/18)!!!! American Express offers to help them but they state they can’t talk to them on my behalf against their rules!!!!! After talking to Alicia to once again hopefully get Comcast to apply my payments they pass me to TJ in the Philippines to get my cable back on. TJ tries to tell me he will call me back and I said oh no you folks don’t call back (as I haven’t even begun to tell you about all the phone calls I’ve made, Comcast promises, and no returned calls), I said stay with me please!!! I’ve been without cable all day!!! After about 45 minutes TJ gets disconnected but he does call back, after about another hour he gets disconnected again and never calls back!! I got a friend to come over and we were able to fix where the cable installer connected the cables so loosely and cords so short they had worked out apparently!! Sooooo now I have cable, but I could wake up tomorrow and it all be gone, again!!

I WANT
1. My DVR/VHS Recorder/Player replaced  You might end up with a check for this, but it will be reviewed for age and replacement cost based on that
2. The $478.00 plus tax for a replacement TV reimbursed. Doubtful.  You could have easily checked the condtion of the television before you gave it away and discovered it still worked, or had the television repaired.  [Also, you have a much improved television now.]
3. My two broken and stolen HDMI cables replaced. Most likely
4. My broken/busted/gashed/scarred, once beautiful dark cherry entertainment center repaired. I’m SICK to death over this!!!  You need to get an estimate of repair from at least two sources.
5. Your lack of payment processing errors corrected and an apology
6. The $9.95 removed from my account
7. Any deragatory history on my account removed and again apologized for.
8. Approximately two weeks of no service reimbursed.
9. Training for your employees and reprimands for employees that don’t keep their promises and fail to return calls!
10. American customer service on all issues everyone calls in about!!!!!! Probably won't happen.
11. Someone notify me ASAP that this nightmare is over!!!!!! There is a process that has to take place before it is completely over.

When your son moved over to AT&T did he actively cancel his service by returning his equipment and making it clear he was canceling the account?  Was he on a contract at the time he canceled the account?

You don't make it clear in your statement - is the AE account a joint account between you and your son or is the account in your name with him as a secondary user with permission to charge on it?  Is this card now being used for his AT&T service?  And, do you review the statement every month?  If he's still using the AE card to pay AT&T, wouldn't you first notice a higher bill if his Comcast account was still being billed?  Surely someone had to notice his Comcast account was still being charged between August and now?  Even if he received a bill separate from yours, I would hope that he reviewed it.

I agree you have been through an ordeal.  I will escalate this to the Official Employees available to the Forums.  They will respond in this thread.  In the meantime, do not send a Private Message to an Employee because it's against Forum Guidelines. 

Good luck!

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Nightmare

Hi Doodah01, apologies for your experiences when trying to get your services working. I will gladly help with this further and submit a ticket to the proper teams for further review, could you please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address account number and preferred contact number).

Thank you