Community Forum

Nightmare at Comcast

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Nightmare at Comcast

After reading some of the posts up here I guess it is common practice for Comcast to setup arrangements, receive the customers money and then suspend their service? On May 17th I setup a payment arrangement on my account but there was a problem with the bank. After the problem was resolved I called back to comcast to continue the transaction. To my surprise they didn’t seem to know what I was talking about. When I let them know that I spoke to someone through their chat servide I was told that because I texted them the first time and was now calling I needed to speak with a different department, the billing department. When I spoke to a manager in billing she setup the arrangement and I made the first payment. I was told that they could only give me 10 days to make the second payment. On the 27th I made the payment only to have my service interrupted 2 days after they recieved the second payment, on the 29th. When I called to find out why my service was suspended I was transferred from place to place, spoke to several different people and no 2 people said the same thing. I was first told that they didn’t see one of the payments. When they located the payment I was told that I was short 83 cent. Someone else said I paid on the 27th but I should’ve paid on the 26th. After countless conversations a manager tells me that the manager that setup the arrangement made a mistake and should have never setup the arrangement. I had to ask if everyone that looked at my account could see the same thing and of course I was told yes. So the manager that set up the arrangement was aware that it was against Comcast policy? Finally a manager looked at my account and saw that I made the two payments and reconnected my service. I couldn’t thank them enough. I was told that all I needed to do was setup a promise to pay for the remaining balance and I had no problem doing that. I was transferred again and of course the saga continues. When I explained to yet another rep that I was told to setup a promise to pay she informed me that because of the issue that I thought was finally resolved the very same issue that I just spent so much time clearing up I could not setup a promise to pay and that my service was actually scheduled to be interrupted again the next day. The manager then explained that the file would be pulled and used to retrain the person that setup the arrangement but that they would not honor their arrangement even though I paid them as agreed. I couldn’t and still can’t believe the deception. What type of shady business practice is that? You setup an agreement with a customer that you know is not valid, take their money and then shut off their service, really. Then you reconnect them pretending that the descrepency has been resolved, transfer them to another department so that they can be told that they can’t do what you instructed them to do and by the way we reconnected you so we can disconnect you tomorrow? I lost all respect for Comcast when I asked the rep if the issue wasn’t resolved why did they reconnect my service when she told me they reconnected me as a courtesy. I’ve been a customer of Comcast for over 20 years and disappointment is an understatement. I feel like I starred in a movie “A nightmare at Comcast” today. Overwhelming to say the least.

Official Employee

Re: Nightmare at Comcast

Hi @Druc212

This isn't what we want for our customers. I can help review your billing concerns. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!