Community Forum

New to X1 platform, not impressed, OnDemand marginal at best

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

New to X1 platform, not impressed, OnDemand marginal at best

Comcast,

Long-time customer, but new to the X1 platform. I exchanged my old equipment for the X1 platform 1 week ago. Here's my preceptions thus far:

• X1 box needs to be rebooted far too often - 7+ reboots in one week
  • X1 reboot time is insanely slow - 2-3 minutes per reboot. Either the box is under-powered or the the programming is way to heavy for this box. Equipment that has been properly spec'd should boot in under a minute.
  • X1 voice remote is nice!  Probably the best feature I've found for the entire system. However, X1 isn't the only one to offer such a feature.
  • OnDemand issues - I was watching a Discovery channel program using OnDemand yesterday, while watching the program froze and sent me back to the screen to select the episode. I selected the same episode, but I'm unable to fast forward.
    • Call Comcast support, went through 3 reboots and multiple system checks and some "tuning" by Comcast. No change.
    • After everything failed, I was told that Fast Forward doesn't necessarily work with all OnDemand shows. Strange to come to that conclusion after being sent to tier 2 technical support and wasting 30 minutes on the phone.
    • My comment is simple, either you can Fast Forward or you cannot.  If you cannot, tell your customers!  If you can, then someone needs to fix the system to make it work universally.
  • Powered on my system this morning, on Live TV.  Tried changing channels, nothing.  Got an error code so I phone Comcast.  Magically, the system asked if wanted to try a reboot (of course the error code is gone, so I have nothing to tell Support).

One week in and I'm completely unimpressed by the X1 platform.  The older boxes were faster, more stable and had far fewer issues.  I've also been trying some streaming options which have outperformed X1 at every turn. I was hopeful that by waiting Comcast would have worked out the bugs in X1.  Second guessing my decision.