Community Forum

New customer getting really bad service already!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

New customer getting really bad service already!

Opened the account last month. We had a person approach us in Best Buy (Salesman Gabriel Coleman, 651-361-9036) and we switched to Xfinity after being with Dish Network. In that process we selected the package with TV, Internet and Voice, Preferred Triple Play. We have 6 TVs, and were told we could put all on the system, using two of the higher end boxes for recording and save a lot of money on our monthly bills and still have the high end channels (not movie channels). Everything is now hooked up, but we have multiple alarming issues.

1. Your service person who installed our system could not install one TV because we have a Logitech Harmony remote. We had to hire Best Buy Geek Squad for $99 to come to our house to do an install of that – something that clearly should have been done by your technical installers. YOU are the TV tech experts, yet your people couldn’t program a basic sound system/remote.
  2. We aren’t receiving all the channels we ordered because (in the words of your service person) we have “lower end boxes” on four of our televisions. We are paying premium pricing to your company specifically for certain channels, yet something as basic as AMC channel is not accessible on four of our boxes unless we pay more money each month. That is INSANE. We were promised, in a lengthy conversation before we switched, that we would be receiving the channels we pay for on ALL TVs and thought that was on all our TVs – like every other provider! With Dish we got ALL channels we subscribed to on all 6 TVs. THAT is what should be.
  3. We had to pay installation for two additional outlets? We have cable hookups in every room in our house and were using our previous hookups. That is crazy.
  4. Your sales person should know to tell customers exactly how much this is all going to cost. He vastly underestimated the price and it keeps going higher as you fix the problems we are having.
  5. The speed we have, despite paying for Blast Pro internet, is extremely slow. Much slower than we had with CenturyLink. Your service support people we called told us to make sure it is switched to “5”. Shouldn’t all that have been done at installation? We were told it would be much faster than before.

So now, we had to have the tech people come out a second time, after having to hire the Geek Squad to come out to fix YOUR technicians mistakes. After your tech person fixes this I am quite certain we'll have to get the Geek Squad out yet again to correct the remote that your people can't program. This whole process has been extremely stressful, highly irritating and not what we signed up for. We aren’t’ getting channels we pay for and not surprisingly, are experiencing the awful Xfinity customer service that we’ve heard so much about. We changed back to Comcast to get consistent and good television but we’re receiving nothing but problems. A bill that we were told would be $130 is now going to be $220, which is unacceptable.  By my calculations, Xfinity owes us:

$99.00 for Best Buy Geek Squad visit                                                                                                                                                       Boxes on each TV that receive all channels we are paying for                                                                                             $70.00 for two outlet installations that weren’t needed

This is just crazy, and we're not even a month into having this!

Official Employee

Re: New customer getting really bad service already!

Hi 64cabingirl,

Sorry for the experience you've received. I'd like to help make this right. To help answer your questions, as for the Logitech Harmony remote, since this is not a remote owned or provided by Comcast, are techs are not trained and will not program it. Since that is something that was purchased and owned by you, we cannot be responsible if anything were to happen to your remote. Unfortunately, we cannot compensate for the cost of the Geek Squad Tech. 

In regards to the channels, you currently have. I can review the offer you were originally offered by the sales agent and see what you currently have, and see how we can correct this. Depending on the boxes you have, that is correct, they may be limited to that channels that are available. I can determine which ones you have once I'm able to review your account. 

Additional outlets are referred to as additional boxes. The prices we quote are for the package and services provided. This doesn't normally include equipment, taxes or fees. We can discuss your bill in a private message to protect your privacy. 

Speed issues can sometimes be signal related. I can check the premise signal levels to see if this is the cause of your speed issues and have those addressed if necessary. 

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!